Anyone in BC successful in ordering from McMaster-CARR

jblue

Hi,

I'm in Victoria and would like to replace my vacuum lines in my 2001 Jetta TDI, according to this post (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=1566427&postcount=30).

Tried ordering from McMaster-CARR (http://www.mcmaster.com), and they said they wouldn't ship to people in Canada that aren't "long-established customers". Frustrating :confused:

Was wondering if anyone in BC can order from them, and if so, if you'd be willing to help out a fellow TDIclub member? I can pick-it up at the next event, or whatever is convenient.

Thanks!
Jason

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
I'm in Oak Harbor (whidbey island) just across the water. Unfortunately due to past "indiscretions" I am not allowed in that great country of yours LOL. BUT, if you want to send them to my house and take the ferry over to pick it up, that's fine with me.

That being said, I'd just buy vacuum lines from the dealership. It's OEM, which is great, and way less hassle. PM me if you want to use my address.

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
Hey Jason

I've got a pretty good relationship with the Parts Manager at Speedway (old highschoolbuddy) and can usually get a decent discount on stuff there. If you're interested, PM me with your number and I'll get a price and get back to you.

jblue

Hey guys thanks for the responses. Sorry I haven't been able to respond, been crazy busy over the last week.

Farfromovin - thanks for the offer, I think Whidbey island is a little far for this, but I'll keep you in mind if I'm ever over that way.

Ed - Great, thanks. I would appreciate a quote, can you PM one to me if you have a chance in the next day or two (was hoping to do this over the weekend). Here are the part numbers:

N 020 353 1
Vacuum Hose, 3.5 x 2 mm ( 3 Metres)

N 900 996 01
Vacuum Hose, 5.5 x 2.5 mm ( 2 Metres)

Thanks,
Jason

jblue

Thanks Don. I checked out your link, and this is great - looks like we have an alternative to McMaster Carr for these silicone tubes. Now - I'm going to put some thought as to whether I'll go OEM, or with these silicone tubes. Thanks everyone. Appreciate it.

Jason

Jason.