What is the difference in price from regular oil change and synthetic oil change?

superman477

I am very interested in buying a new JETTA TDI. I am wondering if the TDI MUST require synthetic oil? what is the average difference in price from regular oil changes to synthetic oil changes? How far can I go between tune ups with a diesel engine? I want to take good care of my TDI and would like to know what the best service is for a TDI engine. New to the diesel engine.
any good suggestions and experience, please advise! THANKS!!

------------------
GOLF/JETTA LOVER

msparks

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GLS Silver
Over here in the US it is required by our owners manual to use synthetic. As far for you I don't know for sure, since EU has better performing conventional oil. You should look in your owners manual.

Also we can go 10,000 miles between oil changes and tune up are no more--since we have no spark plugs. Though you must change your timing belt according to your owners manual.

Good luck.

------------------
Lube-Direct

New Lube Forums

M

mickey

Even with the most expensive synthetic oil the cost of motor oil is a very tiny part of the overall cost of owning and operating a new car. There is no reason to use anything but the best! Go with synthetic oil.

Read the TDI FAQ. There is a lot of excellent information in there.

-mickey