Dead accelerator pedal, ALH

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
I've never actually seen that code come from a working G80 sensor.

Mine oftentimes at idle does not return anything to the computer (the large injectors do not even open fully at hot idle, thus the sensor doesn't get enough of a knock to read when the injector has opened), and it substitutes in a failsafe 44% to the cold start valve.
Never seen that code on it despite that.

I'd be wiggling the G80 sensor wiring all around while it is idling and seeing if your "injection timing (actual)" measuring block suddenly goes to zero

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Well, at the moment, I am at a loss. I spent the last couple of hours reviewing my electrical schematics. Nothing seems to pop out at me.

Anyway, I do have several #3 injectors to swap-out.

Yes, wiggling connections is a very good idea. Last week, I did get a strange response from the engine when I "wiggled" the wires going into the Black Connector. However, I never could get it to repeat that act. And, I have sense treated all the connections involving the cruise and accelerator circuits with DeoxIT ..

So, late tomorrow, I'll take a look at everything again before installing another #3 injector.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Not sure what to say, other than, I never found anything questionable this afternoon! Nothing!

When I started the engine this afternoon, it idled perfectly, no codes. I started and re-started it numerous times. No DTCs appeared. So, I put everything back in place and did the same re-starts a number of times with the same results, no DTCs. Also, the accelerator response is okay too.

I suspect the G80 Sensor was being a bit testy from the air that was sucked-up when I was removing and re-installing the fuel pipe from the filter to the IP (just one end)... did that while the engine was running, although very quick. This is a new clear fuel pipe that I had not pushed on deep enough. It would not go further, so I pulled it loosed and then jammed it to the max........ all in about 3 seconds.

Sometimes while trying to solve one problem another can either pop-up or be created by just a simple goof (not a mistake, a goof).

But, anyway, I do believe the Accelerator issue has been solved!

Thanks!