New tdi owner, very excited about new car

borntofli

TDI
1998 jetta tdi
Have already posted q's here about new car, just wanted to say hello to community.... So much great advice here....
98 vw jetta 1.9...200k

I previously owned a caddy diesel 10 years ago.... couldnt go 60 downhill....I remember reading about the tdi's then and could only wish.......

car runs and drives ok but needs maintenance issues taken care of...

TKS all......

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Welcome ...

There was something wrong with your diesel caddy if it was limited to 60 mph. I've owned several Rabbits and Jettas with the very same engine. My first VW diesel was a 1980 Rabbit with the little 1.5 engine. In May of 1980, I cruised it from coast to coast running 70 mph all day. But, with your TDI, the OBD and this forum should help you keep it in top running condition!

Make a list and commence working on it.

luvthebeach

TDI
2005 Beetle 1.9 TDI
Newbie with glovebox question

Hi! I'm a first time VW owner. I bought a 2005 Beetle 1.9 TDI. We are starting to fix things up but ran into a problem with the glovebox latch. From what I've read on here, the latch breaking is a common thing. The latch is nowhere to be found. Is it possible to buy just the latch and install it, or do I need to purchase the whole door? I haven't been able to find just the latch on the websites I've been on so far.
Thank you for any help you can give me!

2000alhVW

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf
OP's from Texas; maybe the caddy diesel was a 1980 vintage Cadillac!
I immediately thought the caddy was a Cadillac since GM made those awful diesels 40 years ago...
then i remembered VW had something named Caddy a long time ago.

Last edited: