Replacing Exhaust Tips

VWjunkie

TDI
15 GSW SEL
Replacing Exhaust

I know with the 2nd fix still pending and no one wanting to lose their warranty, but has anyone seen or done a custom exhaust for the GSW?

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
I had a custom dual exit setup done at a shop that I trust with my car. GTI valence with 4" double wall slant cut tips. Nobody seems to sell anything for the TDIs with their axle beam setup.

VWjunkie

TDI
15 GSW SEL
I had a custom dual exit setup done at a shop that I trust with my car. GTI valence with 4" double wall slant cut tips. Nobody seems to sell anything for the TDIs with their axle beam setup.
do you have any pictures?

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
Couldn't find it last night! Here it is

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Well now..... that right there is SXY! :D

You wouldn't, by chance, have a picture of the work underneath AND/OR what they used for the muffler and the tips. I wonder if we can actually do this on the wagon as I see you have golf. Not sure if valences work or if we even have room to make it happen, regardless, that really, really looks great man!

Thanks for sharing

Last edited:

VWjunkie

TDI
15 GSW SEL

You wouldn't, by chance, have a picture of the work underneath AND/OR what they used for the muffler and the tips. I wonder if we can actually do this on the wagon as I see you have golf. Not sure if valences work or if we even have room to make it happen, regardless, that really, really looks great man!

Thanks for sharing
You can use the rear valence from the 4motion GSW.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
You can use the rear valence from the 4motion GSW.
Oh boy! That means we could probably farm the needed parts off a wrecked car for the whole deal. Might have to custom plum the piping to the muffler(s) but very cool. Looking forward to hearing back from adjat84th on what the exhaust shop did.

Thanks VWjunkie!

VWjunkie

TDI
15 GSW SEL
Oh boy! That means we could probably farm the needed parts off a wrecked car for the whole deal. Might have to custom plum the piping to the muffler(s) but very cool. Looking forward to hearing back from adjat84th on what the exhaust shop did.

Thanks VWjunkie!
NP. I have been looking into this for months now and just been wondering what everyone else was doing/done.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI

Thanks for sharing
They just fabbed up some pipes, connected to the factory pipe that comes over the axle. Muffler deleted, but running a resonator where the cat was. I thought about sourcing an aftermarket muffler upgrade for a GTI if I wanted to quiet it down. Still undecided, sounds pretty good to me most of the time ?

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
They just fabbed up some pipes, connected to the factory pipe that comes over the axle. Muffler deleted, but running a resonator where the cat was. I thought about sourcing an aftermarket muffler upgrade for a GTI if I wanted to quiet it down. Still undecided, sounds pretty good to me most of the time ?

Cool! Thanks man. Pics if you ever get around to looking under there would be greatly appreciated but this sounds like a fun little project.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
Buzzken was able to do you up a 2.5" catback on your '15? I had looked, but obviously didn't ask them. Would have preferred that route since I have the 2.5" downpipe with one resonator. Currently mine goes back to the 2.25" stock exhaust, then after the axle is where my custom pipe goes back to 2.5". Not sure it's a hindrance at the power level I'm expecting with the new turbo, but it's always in the back of my mind.