Kessy ?

ssffnomad

Veteran Member
TDI
2015, GSW, S, TDI, 6MT. 5/2017
I never have had Kessy or TDI. Ok guys , in middle of a Regen or early morning warming up and ya want to stop at Coffee store . How do you leave car locked and running ? My other cars & pickup I have a break away key chain and leave only Ignition key in and running , locked. Thanks

Jedadiah

Veteran Member
TDI
Former: '15 Passat TDI SE 6M, '15 Golf S 6M and '10 JSW
I don’t have kessy, but can speak to locking the car with it running.

You can use VCDS to code the car so that the remotes still work when the ignition is on. From the factory, they won’t. I can’t remember the exact name, but under Central Convienece adaptations look for something like “Funk bei Klemme 15” and switch it to active, Otherwise the only way to lock the drivers door with the ignition running is to stick the key blade in the door.

I have no experience with kessy, but I guess you’d still have to leave a key in the car, just not in the ignition like I do in mine.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG

You can use VCDS to code the car so that the remotes still work when the ignition is on. From the factory, they won’t. I can’t remember the exact name, but under Central Convienece adaptations look for something like “Funk bei Klemme 15” and switch it to active, Otherwise the only way to lock the drivers door with the ignition running is to stick the key blade in the door.

I have no experience with kessy, but I guess you’d still have to leave a key in the car, just not in the ignition like I do in mine.
You want be able to "stick key in" very easily since our key port is behind the blank on the door handle.

I will see if the option given is in VCDS and will report back.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG

"Funk bei Klemme 15 ein" worked like a charm. :)

Also, when you lock with fob with the car running, the system is smart enough to disable the touch unlock/lock from the outside of the car.

Last edited:

TDIBone

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI
Also, when you lock with fob with the car running, the system is smart enough to disable the touch unlock/lock from the outside of the car.
Of course if someone were to hop in and drive off without the key being present, how far would they get?

ssffnomad

Veteran Member
TDI
2015, GSW, S, TDI, 6MT. 5/2017
So if I get VCDS, what is locking car while running procedure ? There must be a lot of folks here that want to start car and let it warm up at work before Shift is over .