Fellow Canadians - Where do you purchase 507 spec oil online

b1jackson

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf - Gone in BUYBACK. Replaced with 2015 Golf
After a hateful trip to my local dealer thinking they'd actually sell the oil required by the operator's manual for my 2015 TDI.....(nope.....505 spec is what they put in ALL the TDIs!), I am looking where fellow Canadians order oil change kits online and don't get dinged with exchange, brokerage fees, etc.

Pretty small market here for other suppliers so hoping to find a supplier online where I can sit in my underwear and "click to buy".

Thanks!

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
How's Amazon look for the great white north? Prices down here are pretty convenient.

A kit isn't really needed IMO you just need oil and said filter.

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
I'd try giving Josh @ vantage motors down in truro a call for parts, a lot of converts from the island go through him. We're on the left coast ourselves but shipping fluids isn't something we'd be keen on getting into. Any shop with worldpac, autocamping etc accounts should be able to get you the correct oil.

There's also concept 1 out of Alberta

Last edited:

b1jackson

Veteran Member
TDI
I'd try giving Josh @ vantage motors down in truro a call for parts, a lot of converts from the island go through him. We're on the left coast ourselves but shipping fluids isn't something we'd be keen on getting into. Any shop with worldpac, autocamping etc accounts should be able to get you the correct oil.
You wouldn't think I'd have to either take a ferry to another VW dealer on the mainland or drive 4 hours and cross the Confederation Bridge to buy oil from another VW dealer but it may come to that! :p:p Hey...Truro is a nice place!

b1jackson

Veteran Member
TDI
Update...my local independent garage has it in bulk 45 gallon drum. Correct 507 spec stuff. Guess I know where I'm going. Should have tried there in the first place. They've been great to me in the past and will get my service again.

It doesn't have the fancy leather couches of the dealer and smells abit like grease and oil but hey....I'll take that any day vs. having some clown put the wrong oil in!

mx-5

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI (returned), 2015 Golf TDI
Not even a Canadian Tire nearby?
I see they have Mobil 1 ESP and Pennzoil Platinum Euro LX on their website.

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mine: 2019 Golf R DSG, Wife's: 2015 Golf Comfortline TDI
Not even a Canadian Tire nearby?
I see they have Mobil 1 ESP and Pennzoil Platinum Euro LX on their website.
Yeah, but isn't it something like $17 per liter?

So that's no good unless you're desperate and live in the arctic or something.

Anyone who is part of civilization should be able to get it from the USA for half the price.

TDI smile

Veteran Member
Edmonton, Alberta (b4 BC - LOWER MAINLAND = Chilli
TDI
2002 TDI (ALH) with 513,000 km. First Owner and very happy... No Problems, never left us stranded on the Highway. Average useage is about between under 4 ltr. and 5 ltr. Normal longdistance travel: 4.1/100
LIQUI MOLY is a super good Oil and in my engine from now on, since I moved back to Edmonton, AB

mx-5

TDI
Yeah, but isn't it something like $17 per liter?
So that's no good unless you're desperate and live in the arctic or something.
Anyone who is part of civilization should be able to get it from the USA for half the price.
No, I wouldn't pay Canadian Tire prices myself. But if idparts.com is selling Mobil 1 ESP 5W30 for $12USD, with exchange (maybe at $1.30 from credit card?) that's $15.60 CDN. The $16.79 at CanTire doesn't look too absurd.

towforce

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon, 2005, Red
I had always had a habit of just picking up my oil from the dealer, a Castrol 5-30 product, but on the last trip they brought a VW labeled 5-40... all properly marked but not a fan of change so I decided to do a little shopping around. (BTW, the dealer extended enough of a discount the price was ok, around $9 a liter)

I checked out my local Lordco (West Coast of Canada) and asked about 505.01, they pointed me to the shelf where they stocked 5 liter containers of the Castrol TXT line with 505.01 on the label, 5-40@ $48 . Frankly, Castrol seem to have so many freaking names for there product line its not that easy to figure out which is which but they also had Castrol product that had 507 on the label. Price at Lordco is also a bit of a moving target but there is always a way to use some sort of discount.

Martin

paperthin

Veteran Member
TDI
15 A3 TDI
I haved bought and used 507 oil from the following:

1. INEO from germanparts.ca
  2. INEO from roselandtech.ca (last purchase i made)
  3. Mobil 1 from CT but only when on sale for $10 a liter
  4. dealer when in panic. They have it around 12$ for the Castrol
All of which is 507 used in my current and past tdi.

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI

b1jackson

Veteran Member
TDI
By the way, this was the stuff (and only stuff) they said they used on diesels. Requesting 507 spec just drew a blank face at the parts counter. Even when I carried in my owners manual. They had 1 liter bottles with a red top but the same label and specs.

So unless I am incorrect (please tell me if I am!), I'd be best buying oil elsewhere for my 2015.

Last edited:

paperthin

Veteran Member
TDI
15 A3 TDI
By the way, this was the stuff (and only stuff) they said they used on diesels. Requesting 507 spec just drew a blank face at the parts counter. Even when I carried in my owners manual. They had 1 liter bottles with a red top but the same label and specs.

So unless I am incorrect (please tell me if I am!), I'd be best buying oil elsewhere for my 2015.
This is clearly the wrong Castrol oil. This webpage is old but accurate. http://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/engine-oil-list-for-tdi-diesel/

mx-5

TDI
ECS sells it for $7.99. https://www.ecstuning.com/b-mobil1-parts/mobil-1-5w-30-engine-oil-1-liter/p0103469/
That’s why I was saying half price. With exchange of course it’s not quite half, but at least it’s close.
I haven’t done an add to cart and checkout to see how much ECS would charge to ship engine oil to Canada (any duty on oil?). Maybe ECS will still be saving you money, dunno. If duty and shipping is high, driving to Blaine might be a fun 1hr round trip from Richmond, but I’m not sure if cross border shopping is what the OP is looking for.
Not promoting Canadian Tire but still not as absurd as it sounds. Not that the ESP goes on sale at CT as often as mainstream oil, but as someone mentioned sale price of $10.
Pic of Castrol non-507 oil... again, not promoting CT stuff, but I’d rather use Motomaster Euro formula http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/formula-1-synthetic-euro-oil-5-l-jug-0288722p.html which is 507 rated over that! On sale for $28 for 5l.
OP, good luck with the oil change.

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
If duty and shipping is high, driving to Blaine might be a fun 1hr round trip from Richmond.
I go to Point Roberts instead because it only takes 20 minutes. I save about $12 on a fuel fill-up while I'm there, and pay around $4 at a parcel receiving service. Works out very nicely. But yeah, not much help for someone in PEI. He might be stuck paying Canadian prices.

paperthin

Veteran Member
TDI
15 A3 TDI
My suggestion is to to buy it from roselandtech. Choose one of the service kits and customize it to your liking, ensure it is over $100 and shipping is free. His pricing is not bad at all. Get an filter of each type, you will eventually use them.

Pricing has come down in canada for our CR TDI vehicles. I used to buy a lot from ID parts but between CC charges, duties and exchange it often doesn't work out.

Homerjj

TDI
1984 Jetta Turbodiesel, 1983 Caddy AAZ, 2015 TDI Golf Sportwagen

Ugh??? Are you serious.... I'm bringing my 2015 Sport Wagon TDI for it's first oil change tomorrow...

Where did you go? Taylors?

I guess Brown's didn't read this:

Volkswagen Original Replacement Parts
Addition of Uree Ad blue
Oil filter replacement
Castrol Edge Professional Oil change 5w30 Syntec VW507.00 Required
Oil pan plug change
1 Year/20,000Km Parts and Labour Warranty

Last edited:

b1jackson

Veteran Member
TDI
Yep. Taylor's for sure. Should have known. Always great to deal with.

Dealer won't get so much as a wheelbarrow from me to service.:p