Wrenching GTG in the Salem area of Oregon

VWGMDIESELFAN

Veteran Member
TDI
(totaled 4/30/2014) 2002 JETTA GLS TDI
Another Great Northwest GTG Sunday October 26th

9am till whenever… Address: 695 N 10th PL & Delmar, Aumsville OR

I will be hosting this GTG for intake cleaning and any other General maintenance and repairs needed by our fellow TDIers. I have enjoyed attending GTG's and am now hosting my first one so be kind. I will have hamburgers and hotdogs and some soft drinks but more food is always better. This will be a kid friendly and dog friendly event. There is a play ground in my back yard and an elementary school basically next door to turn them loose at.
I have a basic collection of hand tools and there will be a compressor available if you bring your own air tools. All I have is an air hammer, Impact wrench, and a die grinder. There is also Wi-Fi available if needed. I have a Traeger Grill and know how to use it! I have one rain canopy, two sets of jack stands, one set of rhino ramps and a 3.5 ton floor jack. There is a two car garage and driveway plus two or three cars can go on the side of my house on the grass if they don’t need to be on jack stands or ramps.
I gave myself (hopefully) enough time to actually clean out the garage before hand. A word of caution about Aumsville Police……. They really do have nothing better to do. Make sure your license plate light works and don’t speed in town, otherwise the donation you make will help out with the care of the towns skate park. J

Items to bring that would be useful:
A TDI GURU (would be nice for moral support)
VAG-COM (I don’t have one)
TORQUE WRENCHES (I don’t have any)
Extra rhino ramps
Extra jack stands
Canopies if raining
Extra folding chairs
Food for grilling
Sodas, Beer, and or Wine
Side dishes and finger food
Pressure washer for intake cleaning
Oil extractor
More Food
Paper plates, cups, plastic ware (some supplied

Last edited:

Keli_OR

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 black Sportwagen SE, '01 silver Jetta GLS, '00 green Beetle
WooHoo!!!!!:D:D:D

I'll put in for the day off on Monday when my supervisor is back.

Thanks so much for offering to host.:)

-Keli

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
Ahhh. Another saturday I'll be missing a gtg cause I'll be at work. :(

TDI Blue Meenies

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Indigo Blue Jetta
ah shoot.......we really could have used your input here. I know the two of us plan on the Intake Cleaning, Tranny flush, and EGR replacement.......

maybe next time

Keli_OR

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 black Sportwagen SE, '01 silver Jetta GLS, '00 green Beetle
So what about switching it to Sunday?

I'm just as likely to get a Sunday off as a Saturday anyway.

Just a thought........

:)Keli

TDI Blue Meenies

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Indigo Blue Jetta
Date Change !!!!!!!!!!!

We have decided to make a DATE CHANGE !!!!!!!!

The GTG will now be held on Sunday, October 26th........same time, same place:D

Mark THAT on your calendar ;)

Last edited:

Tbirdtree

Veteran Member
TDI
none at the moment
This sounds like a perfect excuse for a small road trip, if ya'll don't mind a Californian crashing your party :) Been meaning to get out of town for a while and I love trips to Oregon!

VWGMDIESELFAN

Veteran Member
TDI
Post has been edited to reflect the new date of Sunday October 26th by popular demand. Californians are more than welcome, infact Martians as well! Heck, whoever! Bring yourself on over.

VWGMDIESELFAN

Veteran Member
TDI
As for any confusion as to the poster "TDI Blue Meanies" advising of changes to this event, it's because she is the wife of me.:rolleyes:

blandon

TDI
2000 Jetta
I will seriously try to make it to this. A few people were talking of holding a GTG in the Eugene area, but it sounds like most people had a busy summer and there was never any agreement on a date.

If I come up, I will bring my various goodies (Rhino ramps, torque wrench, misc. tools, VAG-COM, etc). I'm sure I will have a list of things to do on the car by then... and I'd be hugely grateful if a guru can take a listen to my injection pump and tell me if it is about to explode. :eek:

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
Duly marked on the calendar. Sun Oct 26th. I'll be there. Keli, wanna wagon train?

tongboy

Veteran Member
TDI
91 Jetta TDI Swap, 97 M3 LS1 Swap
i'll come lend a hand, would love to have someone that really knows the TDI's reality check my turbo and IP to make sure i've got them setup right too.

let me know what tools need to show up - i've got all of them besides the special timing belt tools

whyfish

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW TDI Wagon auto. transmission
Good Timing

This GTG will be happening at just about the the time I'll need to do my 70K oil change.

Anbody bringing a Pella oil extractor? I'd be very appreciative if I could use it. I just don't have the disposable $ to buy my own, right now.

Count me in. Looking forward to seeing everyone, again.

sqdude

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
Count me in as well!! I had to miss the Portland GTG to preside over my sister's wedding and I was oh so sad. :(

I can bring ramps, torque wrench, and my new Universal Life Church reverend membership card in case anyone wants to get married...:rolleyes:

I don't have anything pressing but I'll think of something...like blandon I'd like someone to listen and drive my car and tell me if I'm hearing things again...

diredesire

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf TDI GLS 4dr, White 5-spd
I may own a TDI Golf by then, if that is the case I will definitely be needing to talk to oldpoopie about a TB change, although I think we can schedule that on another day.

blandon

TDI
2000 Jetta
Yeah, I have a Pela extractor and a Motive bleeder too, if that would be helpful to anyone. If we get this many people, then I sure hope the weather is passable and/or we have plenty of canopies to work under. Maybe I'll pick up one of those if I can find an inexpensive one.

tdi_hopefull

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI, Biodiesel
the only thing i got planned ahead is the NIN concert happening at the Rose Garden and yet another trip to CA shortly after. Oh wait, that's December! I guess I'll have to make an appearance then. I'm still not gonna dress the Driver in a costume tho.

Last edited:

VWGMDIESELFAN

Veteran Member
TDI
I can now fit 1.5 cars in the garage. After the people who answered my Craigslist ad pick up the futon and Dresser and I make one more trip to Goodwill then it will be open for two cars finally. :D Hosting a GTG was good motivation for me to clean out the garage.

TDI Blue Meenies

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Indigo Blue Jetta
sqdude said:
...like blandon I'd like someone to listen and drive my car and tell me if I'm hearing things again...
I must say, we have PLENTY of country back roads for that and the cops aren't back there much :) they stick mainly to "city" streets

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
If Justin could bring his rain canopy, I'd like to drop by and swap out my brake calipers and refill/bleed them. Maybe if there's time I could hook up my air springs too.

Thanks for hosting!

C U there :)

huckncatch

TDI
'02 Jetta TDI
I think I can make it -- finally! This will be my first GTG and I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone. Will have kids in tow, too.