Mic issue

DodgePW

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
I’m new to the VW Passat TDI family. I just bought a 2015 SE a few weeks ago and my wife liked it so much she wanted one. But, of course she wanted a SEL. After tons of surfing on the internet and dealing with several different salesmen I found one to my wife’s liking. I took delivery of it and everything was great, didn’t see any issues with it at all. The interior was well cared for..etc. Get ready here it comes....I tried to call my wife shortly after I took delivery and I could hear her thru the Bluetooth, but she could not hear me. It was like a Verizon commercial....can you hear me now?? can you hear me now? I also noticed that the voice commands don’t hear me also. Anyone have any ideas? My version info on my 510 is as follows:
Delivery part number 3C0035684N
HW-version H26
SW-version 5378
Active map coverage North America
Active map supplier Navteq
Map version HDD 8112
I also went to a dealership and checked out another SEL and it was the same as mine but it worked correctly. Any information would be appreciated.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Buy her a BlueTooth head set and have her use her smart phone for navigation. A way better solution than the garbage factory NAVI which does not navigate in real time with traffic info like Google Maps or Wazes does on a smart phone.

Seriously. There are people that have posted here that have completely given up on trying to get the factory NAVI to work in a reasonable manner. Not being real time is just more fail.

Last edited:

DodgePW

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
You are right the phone works better for NAV and she doesn’t really care about the nav. But would like the Bluetooth to work.

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
I dunno . . . . my 510 routes real time with live traffic data all the time.

And I don't have to worry about seeing the tiny crappy little screen or dropping it . . .

????

DodgePW

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
Had a chance to look under the passenger seat. It has a label that says:
Novero
Model: HT-6c
SW0102
HW 014
The connections looked good except the inboard wire had a kink at the connector.
Does this sound like the right box for the system?