Chipwerke Piggyback Tuner: 3.0 Dieselgate Solution?

Beeej259

TDI
2015 Q5
100% stock for me aside from the chipwerke module. Haven’t had much of an opportunity to drive the car with the module yet. Also need to check settings on it as I just plugged into car as it came from chipwerke.

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
100% stock for me aside from the chipwerke module. Haven’t had much of an opportunity to drive the car with the module yet. Also need to check settings on it as I just plugged into car as it came from chipwerke.

You’ll need a small screwdriver and then be sure you view the dials with the proper orientation (with the dials on the left). Since they sent you a gasser instruction set they may have put the dials wrong too. Great product, poor support.

jaxkxx

Veteran Member
TDI
Q5 TDI
Mine was set to D1 when I received it.. The guy from Chipwerke told me that is set on F1. And now I will try C1 with Mythdoc recommendation. I think mine was returned by somebody thats why it was set at D1.

Beeej259

TDI
2015 Q5
Popped open the chipwerke module today - set at D-1 from the factory. What does the second dial change and how does the first work? I’m confused trying to read the chipwerke website.

Really liking the chip. Got to drive the car on some backroads and the highway - power is much improved. Here’s what I found so far after 100 miles:

Way more power at the upper end of the rev spectrum. Acceleration from 60 to 90 is vastly improved. Car used to run out of steam at higher revs on the highway.

More power throughout the whole tach- seems that the turbo spools up quicker.

I didn’t notice any difference in engine sounds.

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes, difference at higher revs is noticeable and welcome. It’s good to unspool the engine periodically too.

Jax...let us know if you do or still don’t notice a difference.

Beeej259

TDI
2015 Q5
Mythdoc and Midwest,
did you try going to E or F? What about going to 2 on the RPM dial?

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
I think I tried D-2, and liked it, but I don’t think the 2 does anything different, since it is a one cable setup. If you change settings let us know your experience.

Midwesthick

Veteran Member
TDI
A3, GSW, 02-Golf
Been gone for a bit sorry no updates. Using my wife’s Q5 as we drove back home to Milwaukee. Been getting around 35mpg and curious if I can just swap over the CW chip or not.

I know it’s a different part number but unsure if I can make that happen when I get back for ****s.

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
Any new updates?

Are the devices still being marketed? There’s been an announcement that the EPA is cracking down on “defeat devices.” The Chipwerke is not an emissions defeat device, but in the current EPA’s upside-down logic it could be claimed to be one, so I’d go ahead and get one if I were still dithering. I know I’m going to keep enjoying mine.

Beeej259

TDI
2015 Q5
I am keeping mine. After playing around with the settings, I found D2 to be the best in terms of smoothness with the increased power delivery. It was set from the factory at D-2. Haven’t noticed a change in MPG (I’m getting around 30-31 calculated by hand).

jaxkxx

Veteran Member
TDI
Q5 TDI
I got mine set at D-2 as well. I can feel increased power with minimal gain in mpg.

delmd92

TDI
2014 A6, 2014 Q5
Any of you have an A6 or all Q5’s?

I have one for my A6, but had problems I think were related to the original fix. Had the second fix done, but not enough time to reinstall. There are other who have posted and have had good success with it.