What did you do to your MKVI-A6 ~2010-2014 Golf family inc Jetta SportWagen Today?

ToBiN

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Sportwagen TDI/M6; 2006 Dodge 3500 Cummins/M6 Mega Cab; 2011 Jetta TDI/M6 (sold)
Since I didn't find one in this forum, I figured I would start one.
This weekends shenanigans consisted of finishing the ClearBra to protect the headlights, tinted the windows, installed rubber Monster floor mats, installed the aluminum scratch plate on the rear bumper, installed a rear CarGo mat and building the keep/stay blocks.
Then, late Saturday night, after all the kids were in bed, I downloaded the stock map, paid the invoice, and shipped it off to Owain and Mark at Malone. I hope they get to it this week.
Then I researched the next set of upgrades. Planned upgrades include deletes at a reasonable price. Looking at DarkSide, Rawtek, and others.
I would like to add parking sensors and rear backup camera as well. Possibly some fog lights. Maybe Ill eventually look into some more decorating with ground effects, not super low, just something tasteful. ;)

Before window tint:

After:

Last edited:

ToBiN

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Sportwagen TDI/M6; 2006 Dodge 3500 Cummins/M6 Mega Cab; 2011 Jetta TDI/M6 (sold)
I got off work yesterday and noticed Mark@Malone sent my tune. Between kids and dinners I haven't had time to load them yet but am really excited to get a tune on the car again.

Thanks again Mark and Owain!

RiguyTDI

TDI
2012 Jetta SportWagen TDI
Hey!

I also drive a SportWagen TDI. Pretty sweet car IMO. I’ve done quite a few things to mine nothing major yet as i haven’t even taken it through it’s first winter yet but I’ve noticed owning this car and being into modding cars and customizing cars there’s not a lot of other people out there that one own this car and two customize this car. So here’s a few things I’ve done to my mk6 SportWagen. I took those ugly roof rails off. I Cut the muffler off and replaced it with a 2.5 inch pipe to a 3in tip. I put a 6pc set of the interior lighting strips in. I’ve plastidipped my mirrors, parts of my door panels. And my front emblem. I’m planning on doing more to the interior and exterior paint job as the car is extremely monochromatic.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
I'll attempt to set up the radio and phone on the new to me CPO JSW. That's plenty for now.

I think the wife & I will go to the sierra foothills today to see the snow we've been having. I used to enjoy rolling coal onto the following prious's in my 04' dirty diesel Passat on the grades. Oh well the 2011 probably wont accomplish that part.

ToBiN

Veteran Member
TDI
Loaded my Stage2 without deletes tune tonight. I will get to experience it on the way to work tomorrow. Next to start ordering some deletes....and then retune.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Loaded my Stage2 without deletes tune tonight. I will get to experience it on the way to work tomorrow. Next to start ordering some deletes....and then retune.
Keep us posted on results. Im thing the stage 2 also. I wonder how it is on the DPF and how ez or hard it is to switch to stock tune.

INSW20

TDI
2012 Golf TDI 6MT
purchased a PolarFIS from a board member. looking forward to installing and getting some useful data on my display.

POBOX2897

TDI
2014 JSW 6-speed
Last night, I picked up my new CPO 2014 JSW (6-speed and no sunroof..hard to find). It has about 37,xxx miles and it seems to have been cared for. So, here we go!

Installed:

-Blizzak WS80 snow on steel rims
-VW steel wheel center caps
-IDParts winter front
-Flosser Ultra H7 low beams

vincej

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf Wagon
I packed weather stripping around the passenger door so hopefully the wife will stop whining about the noise. Myself I have never heard it, even when sitting in that`seat.

CDKJudoka

TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Got some white lithium grease to lube up the door hinges. Having it sit for a while before buying it made the doors a little stiff and creaky. Also played with my new ODBEleven tool. Just gotta figure out why it didn't come with the 200 credits it should have, being a Pro.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI

ToBiN

Veteran Member
TDI
Keep us posted on results. Im thing the stage 2 also. I wonder how it is on the DPF and how ez or hard it is to switch to stock tune.
Sorry all, fell out of the innerwebz for a tic.

It has a bit more pull. Had a Focus ST try and walk away from me, fortunately walked him; in a wagon! :D

Also got tied up with a newer suburban that wouldn't let anyone pass on the right. we ran up until their governor cut fuel and I kept going.

Now time to order my darkside downpipe and go to the next stage. I loved the Stage2 without deletes on my 2011 jetta. This one seems a little slower, but it could be because of the difference in weight of the car.

CDKJudoka

TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
At the dealership getting an annoying vibration between 40 and 50mph looked at. They replaced the front rotors last week, and rotated the wheels around. The problem was still there. I looked at the tires, and found that two of the tires were mounted backwards (directional tires). The foreman, a TDI enthusiast, thinks it's something in the rear. Only time will tell.

Choddaboy

TDI
2014 Golf Sportwagen TDI, Jetta 2001 TDI (sold)
Let us all in on the results
Firstly let me say the guys at Malone are absolute gems. I am lucky enough to live within driving distance so I went and purchased a Flashzilla from them (rather than waiting for shipping).

Owen provided exceptional service and helped me through the process. Absolutely above the call of duty. We chatted cars while the tune loaded up and he even hooked up a battery charger to my car while the tune loaded (just in case).

The tune:

First thing I noticed was more engine noise. It may be because I was being hyper critical of anything going on. I had the climate controls and radio off with all the windows up.

To be 100%, I had unreasonably high expectations so I was not blown away and was kinda weighing in if it was worth risking the warranty. It was about a 45 minute drive home with one on-ramp and I only really noticed the revs climbed a bit faster in 1st and 2nd and the mileage improved by about 0.4-0.6 L/100km (granted I only drove 40 km) It still seemed a little laggy for the torque increase I was going for.

That Night::)

I took the car out and came to my senses. It was a good increase and I am happy I did it. I would say the car feels about 25% quicker/ more responsive when pulling out from familiar areas that I drive.

Unfortunately I live in the city and we just received a dumping of snow. I am also running some steelies with snows that don't do justice.

I'll post more as I get more familiar with the new tune.

It was a lesson in setting realistic expectations.

ToBiN

Veteran Member
TDI
Firstly let me say the guys at Malone are absolute gems.
I agree.

Filled up today, no real improvement in MPG, but do notice more pep on the butt dyno.

I will be ordering my Darkside downpipe w/ DPF and cat delete this week, then off to the next stage tune.

jesus_man

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta (gone), 2002 Passat (gone), 2009 JSW (VW bought), 2010 JSW
Jealous of you folks deleting and tuning!

ToBiN

Veteran Member
TDI
Darkside downpipe w/ free flowing DPF ordered. And now we wait. lol.. :D
Thanks Danny@Darkside (ryanp) for the assistance.

ToBiN

Veteran Member
TDI
Darkside downpipe showed up extremely quick! I haven't been on in a while because life. Now looking into when I can swap my downpipes and upgrade my tune.

Plus, I bought the OEM backup camera for my JSW. Need to find time to install that as well. And I need to change my fuel filter.

ttcheung

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 TDI Sportwagen 6MT
Yesterday (Sunday) I swapped my winter tires back to the summer tires. Winters are Altimax Artic on Sparco Terra wheels, and summers are Sumitomo HTR A/S P02 on ADVAN RS. I also completely hosed down the underbody from the winter salt, and replaced a front bumper bulb. Hello grip, once again.

Brharvey

TDI
2012 JSW TDI
Installed a new sunroof shade cover. No I didn’t go with the factory style. A little ghetto but it works and looks half way decent
Corrugated plastic from homedepot two cut 25x29 $20 investment. Keeps the sun out and doesn’t droop down

SitAndWatch

TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen
Installed a new sunroof shade cover. No I didn’t go with the factory style. A little ghetto but it works and looks half way decent
Corrugated plastic from homedepot two cut 25x29 $20 investment. Keeps the sun out and doesn’t droop down
Pics/details?