Help ASAP

Vwmk5jetta

TDI
Mk5 Jetta
Mk5 2009 jetta, glow plug lights and no power when accelerating, but if I rev to the limiter in every gear its fine, any help would be great thanks

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Mk5 2009 jetta, glow plug lights and no power when accelerating, but if I rev to the limiter in every gear its fine, any help would be great thanks
Need to scan with VCDS, need more info than what you've given, too many variables.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Ah, what?
so you defiantly should get a vagcom cable and run VCDS, but for the time being, go to autozone and scan the ECU for free, you will get some codes.

ejoskf

TDI
1.9 tdi passat 2004
eBay, Amazon or good car parts store. £10-20, OBD II scan tool will tell you your codes and you can read live data and figure it out.
Glow plug symbol can mean multiple things.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

k_pt

Veteran Member
TDI
VW MKIV TDI
Could you be more specific?

"if I rev to the limiter in every gear its fine", what do you mean by fine? It has power near the limiter?

What's the engine? Do you get any smoke? How's the DPF?

I would bet MAF, EGR ou DPF.