Moderate power enhancement Golf Plus PD 105

Teddyh

TDI
07 Golf plus GT 1.9L
Hello everyone this is my first post here. I was hoping to get a few pointers on increasing the power in my 2007 Golf Plus TDI (pd 105).

I currently have my care apart due to a catastrophic differential failure . So the tranny is out and I was hopeful someone could offer me suggestions on an appropriate replacement. I am shooting for 170hp and intend to purchase a new direct replacement upgraded turbo as well as a hard pipe kit and S3 style intercooler. I know this kit can return over 200hp but was shooting for 170 as I don't want to replace the injectors but may later. Is the factory clutch capable of handling this increase in power? Does anyone have any suggestions on a lightened flywheel? I appreciate any help you can provide. And if by chance anyone has a HNV 5 speed I'm interested....

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
You need a SMF clutch, stock won't cut it. Southbend seems to be the clutch of choice.

DO NOT use a lightened flywheel, diesels don't like it and you will cause drivability issues.

Check out Malone's website, they have dyno charts of what you can get and what parts are needed.

I have a stage 2 with no cat and high flow muffler and its a total blast to drive-stock was awful. A new intake manifold and turbo are next on the list.