Anyone still have their TDI's?

Trade Wind

Veteran Member
TDI
RIP 2012 Passat SE 6 spd MT
Flipped a bunch of them but planned on keeping my first TDI, a 2012 manual Passat. But a broken clutch spring (after my last flipper was turned in) made that car a ticking time bomb. So it had to go. I miss the manual transmission at times, but my commute changed to include a lot of stop and go, so the timing was OK. My “new” car, a 2014 Fusion hybrid, is the top trim level, which I enjoy. Best feature is the adaptive cruise. A game-changer for commuting and safety. Very happy with the Fusion, and expect less maintenance from the non-turbocharged engine.

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
My Son picked up this sweet 2015 Passat TDI SEL premium for a great price. He bought the car through Carvana and the deal went through exactly as advertised. No problems at all with Carvana.

I love this photo because my granddaughter snuck in a photobomb. And I'm shamelessly proud of my grandchildren, so there!

:)

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
Driving my brand new JSW TDI 6M home (despite stalling it three times)................

I though it would be forever in my garage.

Enter the emissions cluster****, the credit cards, the buyback, the recent rock bottom dealer prices.............

I'm sure you get it.

2017 Jetta S 1.4 turbo 5M in garage - - - (only negative is the wagon with this same power plant PLUS A 6M is coming down the pike!!)

It's all good for this sailor.

ez

Last edited:

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
My Son picked up this sweet 2015 Passat TDI SEL premium for a great price. He bought the car through Carvana and the deal went through exactly as advertised. No problems at all with Carvana.

I love this photo because my granddaughter snuck in a photobomb. And I'm shamelessly proud of my grandchildren, so there!

:)
Cute granddaughter!:) The Passat...just another Impala look alike!:D

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I personally think it looked better with the granddaughter!

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
more than ever, up to 4 engines, across two cars now

they're finally depreciating to the point that I can cough up the change for them, haha

wjfyfe

Veteran Member
2001 TDI Jetta we purchased late 2000, Sneaking up on 400,000 miles, the darn clear coat started peeling a year or so back, still our primary transportation and we have no intentions on getting rid of her until it breaks bad.......................

Bill

Van Wylder

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta sedan 5 spd. 03 Jetta wagon 5 spd.
Just hit 230k. Due for a timing belt soon. Trying to get to 400k.

TDI smile

Veteran Member
Edmonton, Alberta (b4 BC - LOWER MAINLAND = Chilli
TDI
2002 TDI (ALH) with 513,000 km. First Owner and very happy... No Problems, never left us stranded on the Highway. Average useage is about between under 4 ltr. and 5 ltr. Normal longdistance travel: 4.1/100
Still drive my 2002 from the first day on. Now at 479,xxx km. Drives just super....

andreigbs

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A
After turning in my leased 2014 Golf TDI back in January 2017, and after being recently involved in a pretty serious collision in which our 15 year-old Passat gasser was totalled, I just pulled the trigger on a Carvana deal.

As I sit here with my right leg in a plaster cast and two screws through my tibia, the consolation that I'm getting back into a TDI (and 5th Jetta) is what's keeping me optimistic and impatient about recovery.

It is black on black, with a rear lip spoiler, 17" alloys, front fog lights, premium sound and navigation, keyless entry and touch-button start DSG-equipped unit (the "Premium" package), with one previous owner, a sparkling CarFax and barely 18k miles on the odo.

Carvana listed price was $14,800 and it took me all of 12 minutes to pull the trigger (including the requisite approval from my better half).

I'm having it delivered to my house and literally can't wait to see it pull up on the trailer. Now we are 100% diesel fleet, and despite the accident and injury I believe the time was right to upgrade our garage, particularly with my 200-mile daily commute into and out of Chicago (should I not wish to take Metra).

Oilhammer, how do I know for sure if my 2014 Jetta is equipped with the IRC? Does the change to 17" sport alloys and rear disc brakes indicate that?

Good to be back in official capacity as a TDI owner!

Last edited:

lovemybug

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Red Beetle
After turning in my leased 2014 Golf TDI back in January 2017, and after being recently involved in a pretty serious collision in which our 15 year-old Passat gasser was totalled, I just pulled the trigger on a Carvana deal.

As I sit here with my right leg in a plaster cast and two screws through my tibia, the consolation that I'm getting back into a TDI (and 5th Jetta) is what's keeping me optimistic and impatient about recovery.

It is black on black, with a rear lip spoiler, 17" alloys, front fog lights, premium sound and navigation, keyless entry and touch-button start DSG-equipped unit (the "Premium" package), with one previous owner, a sparkling CarFax and barely 18k miles on the odo.

Carvana listed price was $14,800 and it took me all of 12 minutes to pull the trigger (including the requisite approval from my better half).

I'm having it delivered to my house and literally can't wait to see it pull up on the trailer. Now we are 100% diesel fleet, and despite the accident and injury I believe the time was right to upgrade our garage, particularly with my 200-mile daily commute into and out of Chicago (should I not wish to take Metra).

Oilhammer, how do I know for sure if my 2014 Jetta is equipped with the IRC? Does the change to 17" sport alloys and rear disc brakes indicate that?

Good to be back in official capacity as a TDI owner!

Next door to you on the other side, in Kenosha County. I'm glad to see that you're ok after your accident. That sounds like a pretty sweet ride. If you happen to see a red New Beetle with a red TDI badge on the back, it's likely to be me.

andreigbs

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A
Next door to you on the other side, in Kenosha County. I'm glad to see that you're ok after your accident. That sounds like a pretty sweet ride. If you happen to see a red New Beetle with a red TDI badge on the back, it's likely to be me.
Thanks! And I'll keep an eye out for a cherry NB TDI. My commute takes me east across Hwy 50 til I hop on 94W and into Chicago. If I drive in, I usually hit the road at 5am. Otherwise I head down into Harvard, IL to take the Metra. That's where I was heading when I crashed, swerving to avoid an oncoming semi-truck that had decided it was going to turn left right in front of me.

My first real crash in about 20+ years of driving, and considering myself a professional driver (CDL class A, motorcycle endorsement among others).

The Passat gave its life to protect me, I'm grateful things weren't worse. I'll try attaching a pic to show the end result.

Last edited:

curt5446

TDI
MK6 4 Door Golf TDI, MK2 Jetta 1.6 TD
Passed my 2011 Golf to the wife, largely to save it from the 40k-60k miles a year I drive for work. I have no intention of selling it however, a 2015 6M Jetta Sportswagon would be pretty sweet. Sad to say, I'd probably put my wife in my MK4 ALH Golf with 327k miles on it in the event that I purchase one.

boohorn

TDI
2014 Beetle and 2012 Golf
I found my 2014 convertible Beetle that I turned back into VW in January 2017. I am seriously considering buying it back. Found it for sale at a VW dealership over 900 miles away when I did an online search using the VIN. Loved the car but have moved on and replaced.... if I buy it back then I will have 6 car/trucks total for 2 drivers. Not like we are complaining.....

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
I found my 2014 convertible Beetle that I turned back into VW in January 2017. I am seriously considering buying it back. Found it for sale at a VW dealership over 900 miles away when I did an online search using the VIN. Loved the car but have moved on and replaced.... if I buy it back then I will have 6 car/trucks total for 2 drivers. Not like we are complaining.....
So the question is, would you be money ahead, break even or lose money if you bought it again?

deming

Veteran Member
TDI
(2) 2005 TDI Passat Wagons
I still have all of my diesels.
Three 2005 Passat TDI Wagons and one 2015 Golf TDI Wagon.
No regrets -- Great cars !

Last edited:

TDIinWI

TDI
'15 Jetta SE TDI (Current Chariot), '05 Passat TDI (RIP), '03 Beetle TDI (RIP), '00 Golf TDI (RIP), '98 Jetta TDI (RIP)
I should probably figure out a time to bring my '05 passat down for some service.

deming

Veteran Member
TDI
(2) 2005 TDI Passat Wagons
Jason;

You should have a small TDI GTG this fall for the locals ?
My chili is pretty good and I can deep fry some fish .

Van Wylder

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta sedan 5 spd. 03 Jetta wagon 5 spd.
Still driving my 00, love that car. Fixing to take it to Bruce in Versailles for another TB change. Currently looking to buy either an 03 5spd wagon, or an 11-14 6spd Jetta Sportwagen. Would rather have a good condition 03, but people want 4-5k for those vs 8-10k for. 10 year newer Sportwagen with far less mileage.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Jason;

You should have a small TDI GTG this fall for the locals ?
My chili is pretty good and I can deep fry some fish .
Possibly. But....had a small one a while back and had theft issues.....so....

13blackblack

TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen
Don’t still have, but have acquired one. 13 JSW TDI. Love it. Torque is amazing and love DSG and sunroof. Mileage isn’t bad either.

prsa01

Veteran Member
TDI
14 jsw 6m, 96 B4v, miss my a4 :(
Tuesday adding a '14 jsw 6m to my b4v & brm mk5 (prev had 99.5 a4 jetta).

Have been very happy with all of them despite their quirks.