Show and shine

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
Just have a quick question. How many points will be taken off for a smashed in front drivers side fender, or can the judges over look that?

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
What happened Dan???
That

The sad thing is that her sister did it to her too. My friend was driving an 04 Jetta as well. Also, I had to pull the fender out some so the wheel wouldn't rub it.

eschady

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL Black w/gray int.
So your friend hit you with their Jetta? How did it happen, pulling out of driveway or something?

I don't know, I see negative points for not taking care of your car...

danix

Veteran Member
TDI
None now. Former: 2011 335d, 2010 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon. 99.5 Jetta TDI, 98 NB TDI, 3 different black 96 Passat TDI wagons.
Custom fender flares are +2 points.
Don't worry, I have some Stoner stuff that will buff that right out

eschady

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL Black w/gray int.
By the way, don't take my opinion to seriously... I'm not even a judge in the event. Good luck.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
I was a judge in last year's Fest Show n' Shine - you lose points for such a customizing attempt unless BOTH front fenders match exactly!

And lest you think I'm raining on you - I do feel for you and your Jetta! I wouldn't want that to happen to me!

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
I was a judge in last year's Fest Show n' Shine - you lose points for such a customizing attempt unless BOTH front fenders match exactly!
jettafock, time to get to work with a sledge hammer on the other side!

jimnms

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon 5-speed Tiptronic
Are there different categories in the show and shine? My car is stock, except for tinted windows and mud flaps. It wouldn't even have a chance.

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
jettafock, time to get to work with a sledge hammer on the other side!
Well you should see the picture of my working on my door with a 3ft. crowbar so it wouldnt rub on the smashed fender.

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
Oh DAN!

I feel your pain...

Is that something the dent people that were at Impex could work a miracle on? Most of the paint looks intact.

OUCH!

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm having an auto body shop repair it on the 6th. They will replace the fender, fix the door, and repaint about half the door and blend it in. They will also blend the paint into the hood about half way. Its only gonna cost $1200 for all that. The only bad thing about this is I'll be getting a freakin gasser for a loaner car for the 3 days its being fixed. Reg. unleaded here is $2.80.