Best Rear Sway Bar Upgrade Shine Springs/FSD Struts

NewVWFanatic

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Pkg 2 Automatic
I just did a major suspension upgrade on my Jetta Mark V TDI after 175K miles. Replaced original struts/springs with Shine Streat springs/Koni FSD, S3 solid rubber rear control arm bushings, ball joints, and dogbone mount/trans mount. Most of the bushings were shot and ball joint close to failing. For the final mod would like to upgrade stock rear sway bar but want the optimal bar for this setup. So I'm considering either 034 adjustable RSB or the Whiteline adjustable RSB. The 034 is 25mm, the Whiteline is 24mm. I plan to leave the front stock sway bar alone. Any experiences with these two bars? Thanks for any input.

1998993C2S

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta Pkg2 DSG Navi
A suitable rear sway bar upgrade is the larger OE sway bar sourced from a MY06, '07 etc., Passat 4 motion chassis; Its a rear 22.7mm OEM sway bar.
Our MkV TDI's come through with a meager 18mm OEM sway bar. (VW OEM sway bars are hollow construction, er lighter weight verses a sway bar of solid construction. Additionally, the wall size thickness is greater with the OEM larger diameter 22.7mm sway bar)

Our MY06.5 Pkg2 w/DSG which continues to serve as a family daily driver had German market sourced RoW VW/Eibach Drivers Gear lowering coil springs fitted from delivery/neu by the dealership. Along with RoW ride height GLI/GTI coil springs, a set of OEM 17x7" GTI alloys w/Michelin OE sized summer sneakers were also fitted. At or around the 4yr./50K mi. mark, a 4 set of Koni's FSD style dampers were installed with a liberal sprinkling of RoW Audi S3 suspension bushings; S3 top strut bushings, S3 LCA bushings and S3 rear suspension bushings where possible etc.

A significant reduction in understeer came after fitting the Passat 4-Motion's larger 22.7mm sized rear sway bar. A used Passat sway bar w/drop links was sourced from an Atlanta, GA area salvage yard for about $45.00 . Its an easy DIY.. Little money - big benefit.

Last edited: