www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)

Upgrades (non TDI Engine related) The place of handling, lighting and other upgrades that do not relate to the performance or economy of the TDI engine. In other words upgrades to your TDI that don't fit into TDI Fuel Economy & TDI Engine Enhancements.Please note the Performance Disclaimer

Old June 26th, 2016, 18:21   #1
codeyell0

TDI(s): JSW
Default 2012 JSW radio upgrade. Help me find a radio.

A while back I was looking into Radio upgrades. I do like the chinese unit on ebay for about 169.00
I really don't need nav if i have phone mirroring. and I use WAZE anyway.

But then I found a drop in head unit. it used factory harness, and I think it used all the factory connections, mic, ipod/media interface and so on. even Hd radio i think.
the company had a few model variation. they didn't sell on ebay or amazon.
I know it found it in a thread. But which website i have no idea. they were made specifically for VW. they made few other makes as well.
it was a beautiful drop in.

Help me find this head unit its driving me crazy now that i should have the money soon.
codeyell0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2016, 12:08   #2
brian_e
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 50ish

My RCD-510 recently died (premium 8). I liked it and contemplated buying another. Initially wet with an android unit and it was OK but it didn't have Sirius XM. Finally installed a Pioneer 3800BHS and couldn't be happier--sounds great, accept XM and NAV (if I desired) for less than $300. Great deal....way better looking faster interface. Good luck!
2001 Jetta TDI 5 spd w/clean intake; vent-ectomy, egr-ectomy, extded range key fob receiver, fuel sender mod; 3 spoke steering wheel; upgraded head unit; Malone stage 2 w/DLC 1016's, TRS HID's; 2015 Golf TDI SEL - no mods keeping it and the ca$h; 2010 Jetta TDI - waiting to be "repaired" then modded (chipped, deleted, and dieselgate mod deleted).
brian_e is offline   Reply With Quote