What VCDS ?

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mine: 2019 Golf R DSG, Wife's: 2015 Golf Comfortline TDI
OK...please bear with me here. Computers aren't my strong point and I've never purchased a laptop.

Rosstechs website says requirements are windows based platform (I assume this means no Chrome books?)

Also, usb 2.0 or higher and 1.5 ghz with 1GB of ram.

I'm looking at this one, again assuming a Chrome book is out of the question.
Specs look ok to me EXCEPT the ghz, it states 1.44 UP TO 1.92ghz. Am I walking too fine of a line here or is this acceptable? Not to sound cheap but I wouldn't be shopping for a lap top for any other reason than VCDS so I don't need anything beyond what is needed here.

Thank you guys.
That computer should run VCDS just fine. It’s better than what I’m using. However, I personally don’t deal with Amazon Marketplace sellers. Notice it says “Usually ships within 6 days?” That’s secret code for “You’ll get it in three months, from China, maybe.”

Spend a few more bucks and get something that will actually arrive. Make sure it’s shipped by Amazon, not by some random guy in his basement in China.

This unfortunately won’t be in stock for a couple months, but something like this should work for you.

Or maybe try Craigslist. Not sure if this is close to you: https://erie.craigslist.org/sys/d/grove-city-laptop-desktop-computers/7185596752.html

Last edited:

Jr mason

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Beetle, 2012 Jetta
I ended up picking up a refurbished Dell Latitude for $100 locally. VCDS showed up yesterday. I
Just need to find time to play around with it and familiarize myself with it, I have a fuel filter change and trans service I need to do on the 2012. Soon as I get a few fall projects wrapped up in the next few days I'll be all over it.

Thanks to everyone for the advice.

Khanmehmo

TDI
A6
Hi all. So i'm thinking of getting vcds scanner. Anyone recommend which product(s) to buy? I notice they have several products. I am just looking to do routine maintenance and repairs for my own car..
Thanks in advance!:p
Oh also can you run generic OBD2 scans with the vcds?? For example could i scan my 2000 chevy if the cel came on?
Watch this tutorial and subscribe channel for future videos