Gen II 3.0 speculation(s).

bhuizer

TDI
2014 Toureg TDI, 2014 Q5 TDI, Past: 2012 Touareg TDI, 2012 Jetta TDI
Sure glad I didn't buy the Gen II I almost pulled the trigger on last week. Looks like we'll be keeping ours, which is fine by us they are great cars! Just glad it's not going to drag on any longer like I feared it would. Hoping they announce the PC group soon as well.

Last edited:

Mxrado

TDI
Audi Q7 Cayenne
Well I called the settlement hotline about the claim on my 2014 Audi Q7 as it hadn’t move forward with an offer letter for the repair. They said that it hadn’t move forward because there was a previous claim and first half payment on it already, despite the website showing full restitution available. So in short, don’t trust the amount shown on the website anymore!!! I bought the car counting on the full restitution. Sucks!

Honestly these cars are overvalued right now and I will probably look into trading it in immediately after the fix as they will probably lose value quick after they all start getting fixed and the speculation stops. It is an awesome car but I think I can go back to the 3.0T version of it which you can find for quite less. Mileage is not that much greater on the diesel. My only gripe will be towing performance of a 6,000 lbs boat.. lol.

They also mentioned the fix will be scheduled directly with te dealership 3 days after completion they will submit the other half of payment!

Good luck to y’all!

bhuizer

TDI
I think the glory days are over, sounds like there are not many cars left out there that have not already been claimed.

bhuizer

TDI
The claims portal is now saying to schedule an appointment at your preferred location. However, the dealer looked and said it is not allowing them to open an appointment yet for the 3.0 yet.

ujames

TDI
YES
The claims portal is now saying to schedule an appointment at your preferred location. However, the dealer looked and said it is not allowing them to open an appointment yet for the 3.0 yet.
Just called my local Audi dealer, they also don't see it as an available recall/warranty item in their system.

Mxrado

TDI
Audi Q7 Cayenne
I called my Porsche dealership last week and they said they had a conference call about this on Friday. They said November 7th was kick off date so they were supposed to have parts by then. I scheduled for November 8th. I’ll keep you guys posted...

Lionel_Hutz

TDI
Touareg
Newbie question here, but now that there is a compliant fix approved for the 3.0 SUVs, there is no reason to wait to have it done and collect the settlement from VW/Bosch, right? I.e., a buyback is never going to happen?

I also spoke to my VW dealer today and they had no information about the fix. They're going to have a SA call me when they know more.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Newbie question here, but now that there is a compliant fix approved for the 3.0 SUVs, there is no reason to wait to have it done and collect the settlement from VW/Bosch, right? I.e., a buyback is never going to happen?
There may be other reasons to wait, but you're correct that a buyback is not going to happen for those vehicles.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man

I also spoke to my VW dealer today and they had no information about the fix. They're going to have a SA call me when they know more.
There may be other reasons to wait, but you're correct that a buyback is not going to happen for those vehicles.
Unless you really need the money it might be wise to wait for a few months to let the bugs get worked out of the fix(es). VW hasnt impressed wit their fixes lately.

No buyback!

bioburner

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Wagon 285k - Gone ‘10 JSW - Gone '13 Q7 145k
Or reasons to get it done now. I've got 120k and would like the extended warranty on the covered components before something costly fails (dpf). Lower mileage cars should wait.

Lionel_Hutz

TDI
Touareg
Unless you really need the money it might be wise to wait for a few months to let the bugs get worked out of the fix(es). VW hasnt impressed wit their fixes lately.

No buyback!
Thanks. We are likely selling the car as soon as the funds from VW and Bosch clear, so might as well put it on the market before other fixed TDIs start showing up.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks. We are likely selling the car as soon as the funds from VW and Bosch clear, so might as well put it on the market before other fixed TDIs start showing up.
That would be another good reason! :)

Good luck with the sale!!!

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
Anybody get the fix apt schedule email today?
Yes, I just got the email. I tried to schedule my appointment but was told that "they could not enter a claim number" for my vehicle.

Our T-reg is also high mileage at 123k which is why I'd like to get the fix and extended warranty in place ASAP. Plus we didn't get the partial payment so $$$. We only get half of the payment however.

We still have not received a Bosch check. Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the Bosch check? My recollection from the 2.0 buyback was that we didn't have to complete any paperwork with Bosch. The check came automatically after our buyback paperwork was approved by VW.

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
My portal linked me to my local service website where I manually signed up for an appointment on 11/9. I put emissions repair as the service, and to call regarding the appointment. We will see what happens.

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
My portal linked me to my local service website where I manually signed up for an appointment on 11/9. I put emissions repair as the service, and to call regarding the appointment. We will see what happens.
Thanks. I just attempted to do the same thing. We'll see.

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
My friend is also a service manager there. She said they have one kit in stock already but no repair manuals or instructions for the techs have been available yet.

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
My friend is also a service manager there. She said they have one kit in stock already but no repair manuals or instructions for the techs have been available yet.
haha, maybe I shouldn't try to be first in line with my dealer!

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
Has anyone on here had the fix done? If so, can you let us know how it's impacted the car, if at all?
If you are asking about a 2 PC group car, there isn't a fix available.

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
It looks like our mileage may have dropped by about 1 to 1.5 mpg or so. We were getting 25 MPG consistently prior to the fix. After one tank we were at about 23.7 mpg. These numbers are based on MFD display, not hand calculated. Its also only a single tank since fix so its possible that the post fix values will go back to our 25 mpg avg with more time.

Q5TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Q5
It looks like our mileage may have dropped by about 1 to 1.5 mpg or so. We were getting 25 MPG consistently prior to the fix. After one tank we were at about 23.7 mpg. These numbers are based on MFD display, not hand calculated. Its also only a single tank since fix so its possible that the post fix values will go back to our 25 mpg avg with more time.
It's also winter diesel, if your location is correct (New Hampshire). Have not had the fix in my Q5 (not announced yet), and my mileage has dropped 1.5-2 mpg since summer. Normally get 30-31, now getting 28-29 by hand calculation.

911c4fan

TDI
2014 A6, 2016 A7, 2014A8L, 2014Q5, 2016Q5, 2013 Q7, 2014Q7, 2014Q7, 2013Q7, 2015 Q5, 2016 Q5 Prestige S line
Ditto what Q5TDI posted in upstate ny. Even more noticeable in A6 and A7, as even 5% is almost 2mpg in those. I never watched before, but it has become an obsession since reading these posts. Guess I gotta get more....

MBQ

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4Dr DSG
Ditto what Q5TDI posted in upstate ny. Even more noticeable in A6 and A7, as even 5% is almost 2mpg in those. I never watched before, but it has become an obsession since reading these posts. Guess I gotta get more....

Did you fix and sold your Q7s?

The market is seeing more and more fixed gen2 SUVs.

I sold one to a dealer who listed it at 5k mark up the second day.

911c4fan

TDI
2014 A6, 2016 A7, 2014A8L, 2014Q5, 2016Q5, 2013 Q7, 2014Q7, 2014Q7, 2013Q7, 2015 Q5, 2016 Q5 Prestige S line
I traded two for a 2017 A8. I am trading the other two against a 2018 Q7. I had to register them to get the compensation, so I have to trade them to get the sales tax credit. I have a 2014 tdi A8L and love it, so what the hell?

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
I traded two for a 2017 A8. I am trading the other two against a 2018 Q7. I had to register them to get the compensation, so I have to trade them to get the sales tax credit. I have a 2014 tdi A8L and love it, so what the hell?
Whats the goal?

911c4fan

TDI
Whats the goal?
Ha, I am not smart enough to have a goal. I speculated on the buyback and now with the stop sell lifted, I am just taking my nine or ten grand each and spending it to upgrade with cars I love. The PC class cars will be much easier to sell and I have most of mine spoken for already. With the compensation from Audi and Bosch, I have low mile Q5's for under 30k. They are a deal all day long at that. My fear on the Q7s was that the diesel never sold well to start with and the difference in performance with the TDI and the 3.0 TFSI is not THAT huge, so more buyers will lean to new gassers. Also, if the buyback occurred, I didn't (don't - I should say, because there is still a chance) mind paying income tax on that gain as it would have been substantial. My plan was always that if no buyback occurred to roll the modification money into upgrades of my personal use vehicles, so that the monetary gain could arguably be deemed compensation for loss in value due to the scandal. If its compensation for lost value on personal use, I have a much better argument that it is not taxable, like a condemnation, or insurance proceeds from a casualty loss - not taxable. Although it was a good deal of work, I enjoy the cars, and the upside of the buyback so outweighed the basically break even outcome without one, I liked the speculation. Having the chance to be up $400,000 with the only downside being my work and filling out the claim forms, I would do it again in a heartbeat. I may be a sick puppy, but I had fun. Will have to see what December 20th brings, because 70% of what I bought are PC class.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
Ha, I am not smart enough to have a goal. I speculated on the buyback and now with the stop sell lifted, I am just taking my nine or ten grand each and spending it to upgrade with cars I love. The PC class cars will be much easier to sell and I have most of mine spoken for already. With the compensation from Audi and Bosch, I have low mile Q5's for under 30k. They are a deal all day long at that. My fear on the Q7s was that the diesel never sold well to start with and the difference in performance with the TDI and the 3.0 TFSI is not THAT huge, so more buyers will lean to new gassers. Also, if the buyback occurred, I didn't (don't - I should say, because there is still a chance) mind paying income tax on that gain as it would have been substantial. My plan was always that if no buyback occurred to roll the modification money into upgrades of my personal use vehicles, so that the monetary gain could arguably be deemed compensation for loss in value due to the scandal. If its compensation for lost value on personal use, I have a much better argument that it is not taxable, like a condemnation, or insurance proceeds from a casualty loss - not taxable. Although it was a good deal of work, I enjoy the cars, and the upside of the buyback so outweighed the basically break even outcome without one, I liked the speculation. Having the chance to be up $400,000 with the only downside being my work and filling out the claim forms, I would do it again in a heartbeat. I may be a sick puppy, but I had fun. Will have to see what December 20th brings, because 70% of what I bought are PC class.
Fun stuff, I agree.

VW bought me a supercharged Ford Raptor! :D