Manual swap with 2 2003 ALH TDI Jettas.

Drzaius

TDI
1999 beetle
I have two TDI Jettas one with the manual transmission and the other of course with the automatic. Besides a new clutch is there anything else I need that is not on the manual jetta.

Also I tried to search for a good thread but I can seem to pull up any photos on the one I found and there is only a 6 speed manual swap in the DIY sticky. Can anyone point me into the right direction?

What the hell do I do with this other motor with 350k still runs?

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Not sure what you're asking (?).
Are you trying to put the manual from Car1 into Car2 (which has the automatic)?

To swap a manual into an automatic, here's at least the beginning of the list:
gearbox
shifter box / linkage / cables
clutch pedal
clutch master cylinder
clutch slave cylinder and hydraulic line
starter
axles
wiring
switches

Drzaius

TDI
1999 beetle
Not sure what you're asking (?).
Are you trying to put the manual from Car1 into Car2 (which has the automatic)?

To swap a manual into an automatic, here's at least the beginning of the list:
gearbox
shifter box / linkage / cables
clutch pedal
clutch master cylinder
clutch slave cylinder and hydraulic line
starter
axles
wiring
switches
That is a good list thanks. I guess what I am asking is there anything else besides the clutch that I will need to get or do if I have a complete car ready to go?

Also do I need to swap the flywheel?

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
So you're taking the manual out of one Jetta and putting it in the other Jetta? Or are you looking to create to manual Jettas?

Drzaius

TDI
1999 beetle
So you're taking the manual out of one Jetta and putting it in the other Jetta? Or are you looking to create to manual Jettas?
Taking the manual out of one and putting it into the other. I have a new clutch, is there anything else I new I need to add that I don't already have?

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 golf tdi 4 door auto now a manual, mine, 2000 golf 2 door M/T son's,daughters 98 NB non-TDI 2.0, 2003 TDI NB for next daughter, head repaired and on road,gluten for punishment got another tdi 2001NB,another yellow tdi NB
You can keep the auto axles instead of replacing them with the manual ones.

You just need to replace the output flanges on the transmission with 108 mm flanges.the manual trans has 100 mm .

You really only need two switches , one for reverse and one for the clutch for cruise.

I personally didn’t install a clutch cut out switch for starting the car....... grew up that way on my cars back in the day.