Can the tandem pump make a tap or ticking noise

Bodstdi

TDI
Golf v
Hi , long story short . Bxe engine dropped a rod . Replaced with bkc used unit . Poor idle so renewed cam and lifters but no change I guessed they would have wear on them anyway . . Renewed no 4 injector with known good ( from Bxe ) misfire and rough idle fixed . Great ! Nope not so great . Now I was able to drive the car and get it to temperature I have a tapping noise . It sounds like a lifter and increases with rpm . Seems ok when cold but once engine is up to temperature it sounds very prominent . I figured that if I had a faulty lifter then the noise would be there when cold but it's actually very quite for a pd when its first started and the tapping doesn't appear to be present .

When I listen through a stethoscope well actually a piece of wood the noise is most noticeable from No4 end in particular the tandem pump . The replacement injector went in with new seals and the lash was set correctly .

I was wondering if anybody had experienced and ticking or tapping tandem pump .

Regards to all .

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 1999.5 jettaIV,2005 BEW Beetle
If the sound gets louder with the oil filler cap removed it may be due to the tandem pump. The pump vents air into the top of the cylinder head. It normal for the vacuum pump to have some chatter to it due to the pulses of the pumping action. I guess I would have to hear it to know if it is what I think would be normal.
Has this just started recently to sound louder to you?

Bodstdi

TDI
Golf v
Hi it's a job to say really as this is the first time I've had the oil and car up to temperature . I've been chasing a poor idle problem since fitting a second hand engine . I could have inherited a problem with the replacement engine . I'm going to change out the tandem pump today for the cost of a gasket it's worth a try . I will use the pump that came off the original engine which wasn't noisy . Thankyou for your reply

Bodstdi

TDI
Golf v
Well that didn't make any difference , so it's not that . I'll start a new thread with a new title .