2015 Passat Intercooler pump P023A P190E

Shawn67

TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI
Any 2015 Passat owners have problems with their intercooler pump? My car has the check engine light on with codes P023A and P190E stored.

Hoping this will be covered by the extended warranty that VW put in place. Based on the language I think it should be....

" The On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) system, including SCR DEF quality
sensor, and any malfunctions detected by the OBD systems other
than those related to the transmission.
"

Thanks,

Shawn

Shawn67

TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI
Update: Dealer initially said it wasn't showing up on his work forms as being covered. I questioned him about it and he agreed it didn't make sense so he called VW and they confirmed it is covered. Would have been about $580 to swap out the pump otherwise.

Shawn

03 shaker

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL
How many miles on your car? This is the first i've heard of an intercooler pump failing.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Only time I've heard them "failing" is when someone doesn't reconnect the connector after doing an oil change.

On another note I couldn't disconnect our pump when I did our 50K oil change, I was able to pull out the little gray tab, but for the life of me it never fully unlocked.

Shawn67

TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI
I checked the plug before bringing it in the first time. Wish that was it, they have been working on it for 4.5 hours so far.....

Shawn

batenays

TDI
2015 B7 Passat
I have the same P109E code. Pulled out the intercooler pump, checked the wiring and nothing seems to be abnormal. I’m losing acceleration occasionally as a symptom.

Did they ever figure out the problem with yours? Would be helpful to know. Thanks.

Shawn67

TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI
Sorry, really late getting back to this. They replaced the whole pump and I think recoded something. It then threw the same error again within a couple of weeks and went back to the dealer. I believe they ended up running a new wiring (ground maybe) to the pump and it has been fine since then.. about 25k miles.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
glad you came back a "few" months later and gave an update. Best of luck for the next few months.