Shaking acceleration

AdyX87

TDI
Leon mk2 1.9pd
Hello guys, I'm new here and have an odd problem with my leon mk2 1.9pd 77kw 2006.
When I'm in 4th or 5th gear at arround 1800rpm and accelerate hard, it shakes my entire car (it feels like from the engine is coming) to about 2200-2300rpm when the boost comes on, and after that it accelerates normally.
Why is it shaking only on that range of rpm.

AdyX87

TDI
Leon mk2 1.9pd
But how, I didnt do anything to them, what happens to them to suddenly do like this.

AdyX87

TDI
Leon mk2 1.9pd
I really dont think is the drive axle, the shaking is like the engine is moving back and forward very quickly, could it be the engine mountings?

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Oilhammer works on these cars every day if he tells you it’s the drive axles, change them.

AdyX87

TDI
Leon mk2 1.9pd
How to check them so that I dont have to buy something for nothing, they're not cheap.

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 2005 BEW Beetle, 2005 Jetta Wagon
If it has a solid aftermarket axle on the RH side of the car (long one) that would be the first suspect. I can tell that by driving a car without even looking at it anymore. At 1800 RPM and 3600 RPM pretty much regardless of what gear your in they seem to resonate and rattle the cabin. This is true of MK4 and MK5 cars that I have worked on. Don't know if it is a similar situation for what you are driving.

And if the inner CV joints on the axles are getting pitted it will cause shake as well. Easy enough to check them if you have the knowledge to take them apart and check the inner hubs of the joint where the balls roll. This happens on OEM joints as well.

Last edited:

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Agree with oilhammer, had that problem on my 2002 Jetta and both drive axle needed to be changed to make it go away!

AdyX87

TDI
Leon mk2 1.9pd
Hello guys, thanks for the advices, I'm an amateur mechanic and do all the repairing by myself, and the axels are doing just fine, they are oem parts, the problem was my MAF sensor, I've had it replaced 1month ago with an aftermarket one, but the diagnose didnt say anything. So watch out for cheap parts, buy only premium or original parts, these aftermarket cheap ones are really ****.