P0299 after accident

turneja6535

TDI
2013 Jetta w/premium 6spd
The other night I ran over an animal and damaged the lower front of the car and bent some fins on the radiator. That looked to be the worst of it, I have a skid plate on. Shortly after I got a p0299 underboost cel and loss of power. Any ideas what to check? I'm not sure what is on the lower front end that would impact the turbo. Everything that I can. See should have been protected by the skid plate. I also have the dpf and egr delete. Thanks

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Your intercooler is right behind your radiator and its hoses (in and out) are on the bottom. You might have to remove the skidplate to really see them, but I would check here first. Something could have gotten knocked loose or damaged.

Have Fun!

Don

turneja6535

TDI
2013 Jetta w/premium 6spd
Thanks for the input. I removed the skid plate to check everything out. I don't see any lose hoses or any cracks or anything. I do notice that it looks like the intercooler is actually in front of the radiator and is what was damaged. Would damaged intercooler fins cause low boost? Here is a picture of the damage, fins pushed in and the intercooler is slightly bowed in that spot.

Thanks

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
The radiator, intercooler, and the A/C condenser are all sandwiched together in front of the engine. I am not certain about which one comes first or second. Anyway, your boost (intake pressure) goes through the intercooler. Therefore any leak in the intercooler (or going to or from the IC) will be a boost leak. I thought that the radiator was the first piece in the front, but I guess I could be wrong.

Have Fun!

Don

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Front to back, condenser, IC, radiator.

Easiest place to look is connectors of the IC with the belly pan off.