Fuel Cooler

Gunsbee

TDI
05 Jetta TDI
Has anyone used a different fuel cooler on these cars? I have a jetta mkv and my cooler has started leaking where the line is welded to the bracket. Cheapest I can find one is $135. Just wondering if anyone has used a cheaper cooler and what parts you used to connect it. Or if its really needed at all. Could it just be bypassed? Thanks.

Andyinchville1

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, 5 sp, 226K miles
If you plumb a fuel cooler in the return line I have read that that helps the most...

I am thinikng of buying a tranny fluid cooler and using that to cool the fuel.

Aftermarket tranny coolers are way cheaper than $135 and probably will cool more due to their often larger size.

I assume that since your car has it stock you should probably put one in...My car is a 5 sp so it did not come with one from the factory...

Andrew

Gunsbee

TDI
05 Jetta TDI
Thats what I was getting at was an aftermarket install. Mine is a 5 speed and has the factory cooler. Just don't know the best way to connect the plastic fuel lines to the new cooler.

hughesjasonk

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta MK4;
Thats what I was getting at was an aftermarket install. Mine is a 5 speed and has the factory cooler. Just don't know the best way to connect the plastic fuel lines to the new cooler.
Get AN adapter fittings

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk