Loan not with VW.. nightmare.

TDI BR

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 2015 Golf TDI SE manual
So obviously as the title states my loan is not with Volkswagen. According to Volkswagen claims department they are waiting on one thing for my offer, the loan amount.
I've spoken with my bank weeks ago and giving them full permission to release any information to Volkswagen. I call about once a week to see if Volkswagen has contacted them and the answer is always no. Typically after I get off the phone with the bank, I give Volkswagen a call. Over the last month every week I get the same answer, "i'll forward it to the responsible department and escalate the situation, but I can't do much more then that." Last week I got a email from Volkswagen saying that they can now receive bank info through fax, but it has to be from the bank itself not me. I called my bank and explained the situation and they said that they aren't allowed to contact Volkswagen, Volkswagen has to contact them. So once again I called Volkswagen explaining the situation and they said the same thing, ill escalate and you should hear something within 3 to 5 days. Somebody help me before I lose my mind.

az7000'

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI (gone), 2014 Passat TDI (gone), 2014 Touareg TDI (Amazing!)
Got out letter this morning. The wife called every day this week, last week we did a 3 way call with our CU, we had the CU fax the payoff a month ago and gave a verbal payoff 2 weeks ago. My wife wouldn't get off the call yesterday until something. Their "team leader" was IM'ing with VW and about 1 hour later she got a call from auburn hills, MI with a VW guy and our credit union for a second 3 way call for payoff. Offer letter this morning.

I get carried away with phone folks and lose my cool, she finally did 3 months later and it actually worked. Green checks as of 11/16/16. Get your CU phone number ready, call and wait for a team leader and have them IM VW. Best advice I have and it is a ****ty process, sold back the other in December...

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
I called my bank and explained the situation and they said that they aren't allowed to contact Volkswagen, Volkswagen has to contact them.
BS. "Aren't allowed" by whom? They can give a payoff quote to whomever you direct them to give a quote to. Of course, it's also BS on VW's part that it has to be faxed from the bank (and how could they tell, anyway?).

Jimbo70

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently
BS. "Aren't allowed" by whom? They can give a payoff quote to whomever you direct them to give a quote to. Of course, it's also BS on VW's part that it has to be faxed from the bank (and how could they tell, anyway?).
I don't know if it is BS or not, but a fax from a legitimate organization will have at the very least the outgoing fax number on it, and for a financial or other institution that has to maintain records for regulatory reasons, the name of the company or other identifying information.

chief poncho

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
az7000' glad to see you finally got your offer letter.

For the OP, contact your bank again and try to get ahold of someone who can fax the information to VW. The bank isn't restricted from faxing the payoff information if you direct them to do so. Make sure the bank provides the claim number and VIN on the fax. For what it's worth, faxing the payoff from my CU seemed to break the logjam on my car and I received an offer about 2 weeks after having them send it. I confirmed with VW that they received the payoff information via the claims website online chat.

The fax number is [FONT=&quot]248-754-6602.

[/FONT]

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
Does your lender have a local branch? Get your paper payoff quote, write your claim number on it, then go into the branch office and ask them to fax it.

Or just fax it yourself. VW may not notice.

Or have your lender fax it to you, but give them VW's number.

What dates did you submit and receive approval?

az7000'

Veteran Member
TDI
In our case we did have them fax but was told more than one time that they could see the fax but there was no place for them to input it into the file. They saw it on 3-4 calls but stated they could not do anything with it. It was the 2nd 3 way that got ours moving but this is not close to a uniform process...

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
... this is not close to a uniform process...

You're right, It's not.

For instance, for my lender's info, I put the wrong phone number, a non-preferred mailing address (payoff address instead of the general correspondence address), and didn't include my loan number (single digit that follows my account number) PLUS my credit union was going through a name change! Yet somehow VW obtained the info.

The day I received my offer was a day or so before the "contact your lenders" email was sent out.

Whether VW got my fax with the corrected info, I'll never know -- they never acknowledged it on the portal nor with the telephone folks.

notafraid11

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI Premium
Somebody help me before I lose my mind.
My bank said the same thing - they cannot fax the payoff to VW. I had them e-mail the payoff to me, and then I faxed it in myself anyway even though they say you can't do that. That seemed to work as I got my offer a few days later after languishing since November with the infernal green @$#%ing check marks. Perhaps a coincidence?
Good luck.
-Notafraid11

AmandaSch

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG
I actually got a call from VW, it was like a 1-111-111-111 number, lol. But they said verbal and written consent from my CU, I gave my CU the go ahead already and even my CU said if they call, that my CU has to give them the info. So I don't know.

Dr Chill

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 A8L TDI
After hearing these stories, it almost sounds easier to take out a short term loan and pay off the car, get the title, sell it back to VW and repay the loan.

This process with other lenders is a nightmare.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
Despite my "problems," I was on the 10 week track like many others, no real hassle, definitely not a nightmare. Easiest just to submit, live life, lose track of time, and be surprised one day by VW's email. Or instead, hang out on this forum.

AmandaSch

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG
I got my payoff info Thursday, then actually went to staples and faxed over the sheet, I had hand-written claims and vin numbers on there and got final offer today, now just waiting for final approval and a date.

TDI BR

Veteran Member
TDI
Update:

I finally got my bank to fax over the info to VW. Thanks to the very pleasant Rachel at my credit union. 3rd business day later and I finally have my offer. Getting it notarized and uploaded by Friday. We'll see how long it takes for a date after that.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
Hey, great news.

They've been good about approving your notarized upload on the same day, but first appointments are typically five to seven weeks out.

LogicBomb

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat
I was thinking that perhaps it would have been quicker/easier if I listed my pay off amount as $1,000, received the larger sum from VW up front, pay the car off and go about my business. I only suggest this as it seems the pay off amount seems almost arbitrary to VW, as they don't update the payoff amount from what I entered originally. Given there is now a difference of about $1,000 dollars between what I listed as my payoff, and what I owe. I know I'll eventually get repayment from VW, but I could have probably done this much faster my way.

gregkeefer

TDI
'12 TDI Sportwagen
Hey All-
I am both happy and bothered to hear all this information. Happy because I have been losing my mind with the "crickets chirping" response from VW and if I hear the word Escalate another time...
I figured out the Fax thing in January, since no where on VW's site is it posted that you need to fax lender authorization to have that information released, as I already released it with my initial submissions in September. Sadly, my fax did not conjure any type of offer letter. Dead space, zero, zip. And my Credit Union here in Austin is rad. They faxed it twice and even gave me my own copy which reflects all the above pertinent information. This was 4 weeks ago. So today, after reading the input here, I called them once more and had them fax it again. Not sure what the hold up is, but I feel badly for the people they hired in whatever forsaken state that get to bear the brunt of any calls to them.

I just deleted my next paragraph rant (youarewelcome) =)

I will however post when I hear or receive the highly sought after offer letter.

TDI BR

Veteran Member
TDI
Update: finally submitted my notarized offer letter today. Within 2 hours I got to schedule my appointment. Earliest was April 10th. The earliest I was able to schedule for because of work was april 12th at 5:30pm. I Can't wait until this is over..

az7000'

Veteran Member
TDI
We were three days for the notarized letter to be accepted and the appointment to be booked. FWIW it is less than 4 weeks out here in Flagstaff, 7+ in Phoenix.