Resto 59 ford F100 - tdi

Gordon Peterson

Veteran Member
TDI
1959 Ford F100 TDI ALH conversion
Hey Nick, good to hear from a brother Minnesotan. The original 59 ford lived in Harmony, a little town 170 miles south of you. That uni body with a bbf will be a sweet ride. I was nice to have a big bay to work in. The bbf will fit. Are you changing over the suspension and steering?

CF-FZD

TDI
03 Jetta
I just finished a CV swap on my 66 F100 a couple months ago. Some guys want their truck really low to the ground, I wasn't going for that look. In this pic you can see where I have a 2x4 between the frame and suspension. I landed up with a 2.5" x 5/8" plate there. It still gave me about 4" of drop from the "twin I beam". You will probably want more of a spacer then my 5/8" if you want to have the engine over the suspension. The truck had some lowering shackles in the back and I don't think I'll need to lower the rear anymore, if it does need it I'll just move the front shackle mounts up an inch or two.

When you get a CV from the wrecker have them cut the frame ahead and behind the suspension. There are 4 crush tubes that are threaded you'll want and the 8" long bolts to go with them. My local Ford dealer said the bolts are no longer available.

Mine was the "Twin I beam" and had a monster crossmember I had to cut out. After installing the crush tubes I boxed the frame and painted it with POR15.

The steering parts are from Summit, 3/4" 36 spline to 3/4DD. AND A 3/4DD to Ford triangle a 20" long piece of DD steering shaft.

Nozzleman

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Ford Ranger ALH
I am running the '07 CV front IFS and rear end on original springs in my '55 F100. I have probably 10-15K miles on that setup so far.

You won't regret that decision.

Gordon Peterson

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks for the advice guys. I am excited to get this done. I get the complete frame and suspension on Sunday and can get started.

Gordon Peterson

Veteran Member
TDI

Here are my two donor vehicles. In the back ground is the Golf that is donating its' engine, ecu, wire harness, heater, AC, etc....
In the foreground is the 07 crown vic drive train. I am using the front suspension and rear axle from that.

No! the Corvette is not part of the donor program nor is the f250 box.

Gordon Peterson

Veteran Member
TDI
Taking a little vacation time in Texas so nothing happening. New front frame rails are ready to be instalked so I will get to that in a week.

Gordon Peterson

Veteran Member
TDI
59 f100

back at it again. i see my pics are gone. i will get them fixed and update the thread with more pics and progress over the coming weeks. got allot done, sorry i havn't kept up on the thread. i will try to do better this coming year.