Help? Noise after puttin winters on

sandmansans

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta
Blow out because it had a leak and ran flat until it came apart or it just out of the blue flew apart? Got a picture? How old were the tires ( manufactur date code)?
No flat, no picture, don't know mfg code. Happened week before last?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

sandmansans

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta
Blow out because it had a leak and ran flat until it came apart or it just out of the blue flew apart? Got a picture? How old were the tires ( manufactur date code)?
Lol so here's one of those rare moments where you see someone eat their words on the Internet.
I just went outside and took a look at the 2nd snow tire for country of origin ...THEY WERE MADE IN AUSTRIA! Lol :p. Not China as I were certain they were. It's a brand I haven't heard of before, semperit, so I wrongly assumed that they were China made.

I originally had 4 general snows on there,. I had to change 2 of them. When I put them on in October I got a sidewall puncture on one of them, due to my fault (sharp rock in my back yard) and the other i had plugged it 2x before due to running over nails. So I decided to swap them out. I found these 2 on cl the previous year as the generals were wearing down and with the pending buy back didn't want to go with anything expensive. yea I know craigslist but I've purchased plenty of tires in the past on there. These were never even mounted.

It's still shocking as I've never had an actual tire blow out, as this one did. I have probably driven at the least 500k miles in my relatively short time on earth. I have had plenty of flats etc. But never one blow up the way it did. I was. driving doing about 70mph and sure enough. Ka-Boom! The tire was almost completely shredded

Anyway. The lesson in all of this, just cause you got something on the cheap and you've never heard of the brand, don't mean it comes from China!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Go out again and get the manufacture date code off the sidewall. Just because they were never mounted, doesn't mean they are not old.