FS: 2003 Golf TDI for parts or repair

spuimatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Indigo Blue Golf TDI
My 2003 Golf TDI is for sale. The vehicle has had a runaway episode and likely has a couple of bent rods, based on compression test resuts (previous thread here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=465113

I'd like to get about $1,250 for the vehicle and can provide dolly transportation from the 49464 zip code (distance will be dependent on sale price and my availability).
Here are a few of the basics:
-2003 Indigo Blue 4-door Golf TDI GL, 5-speed manual, I've had it since there were 24 miles on the odometer, though I think something like CarFax would show me as the second owner (originally purchased and titled by my in-laws)
-Approximately 240,000 miles, 85% freeway based on a 64-mile round-trip commute to work
-Has had bodywork twice: first after being hit in the rear drivers side while parked in front of my house, second after being rear-ended in a backup from a construction zone on the freeway (front and rear damage, but was driveable). I think I have more information on the repairs that were done, if anyone wants that info
-Passenger sideview mirror support is broken and being held together with a couple zip ties (power and heated mirror functions are fully functional)
-Alloys with all-season tires that probably need replacement (missing 1 center cap)
-Steel wheels with winter tires that have two seasons on them
-Rubber VW floor mats, and 3 original carpet mats (driver's carpet mat was worn out)
-CAT fuel filter (also have spare filter)
-Ventectomy
-Missing plastic belly pan and front inner fenders are not in good shape either
-Black cloth interior, no sunroof
-Timing belt replaced at 100K and 200K miles
-Recent catalytic converter / other exhaust parts replacement (about $700 in parts, going off memory, have receipt)
-Bushings for front suspension have been replaced in the last 2-4 years, rear suspension needs the same type of work to be done
-Turbo likely needs replacement, based on oil in intercooler
-Possibly 2 bent rods based on runaway episode and subsequent cylinder pressure testing
Photos are located here: http://pics.tdiclub.com/showgallery.php?cat=6749

Last edited:

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
in for pics, sent you a pm

Kirk