Fix/Buyback Calculator for 3.0?

saggii

Veteran Member
TDI
No longer - Jetta(s), A6
Folks,
Is there a buyback/Fix calculator for 3.0 that we know of?
I think someone from this forum developed one for 2.0. Can this be done for 3.0 as well? It is very tedious to calculate from the court documents just to find out if the vehicle is worth pursuing.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
Folks,
Is there a buyback/Fix calculator for 3.0 that we know of?
I think someone from this forum developed one for 2.0. Can this be done for 3.0 as well? It is very tedious to calculate from the court documents just to find out if the vehicle is worth pursuing.
Not that I have seen yet. Would be nice!

enricoleone

TDI
2012 Golf 6MT
I don't think all the needed info has been released yet. Still just ranges and unless I fell asleep for that part, no mileage adjustment tables or formula and no specific values for options.

saggii

Veteran Member
TDI
No longer - Jetta(s), A6
Info is actually there. Court needs to rubber stamp it though to make it legit. If someone is willing to build one, I can help to provide the numbers.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
No, mileage adjustment tables have been released. Not sure about the rest though.

saggii

Veteran Member
TDI
No longer - Jetta(s), A6
I don't think all the needed info has been released yet. Still just ranges and unless I fell asleep for that part, no mileage adjustment tables or formula and no specific values for options.
You are right. An exact amount to calculate would be difficult. I always assume the worst and ignore any packages. My bad...We can put this thread on backburner.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
All the info is there, just not confirmed with the gavel...yet!

flargabarg

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg Lux TDI
I have put all of the data in to data structures and put the formulas together but haven't yet written the code to actually let you do it via a web page. Working on it, since it will be useful for "what if" scenarios even after Volkswagen has their site done. It doesn't help that I'm learning JavaScript as I go, since I'm not a programmer by trade and haven't been one by hobby in decades. If I get it together you will all be the first to know.

DrgRnnr

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta
I have put all of the data in to data structures and put the formulas together but haven't yet written the code to actually let you do it via a web page. Working on it, since it will be useful for "what if" scenarios even after Volkswagen has their site done. It doesn't help that I'm learning JavaScript as I go, since I'm not a programmer by trade and haven't been one by hobby in decades. If I get it together you will all be the first to know.
How are you applying the $1500 from Bosch? Are you including it in the $5155 or in addition to the restitution?

I have shared my excel calculator with a few members and we can't seem to agree where those dollars fall. Something to also consider is the previous owner claim, so providing both scenarios for those who purchased after 9/2015 would also be helpful.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
Sweet! :D

saggii

Veteran Member
TDI
No longer - Jetta(s), A6
The problem that I see is to calculate packages, for example a car may have a driver assistance or sports package. Vw have this information and they have shown that in the one of the attachments. Problem is the vin# is redacted so we can't cross compare. Ofcourse y'll can correct me.

flargabarg

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg Lux TDI
How are you applying the $1500 from Bosch? Are you including it in the $5155 or in addition to the restitution?

I have shared my excel calculator with a few members and we can't seem to agree where those dollars fall. Something to also consider is the previous owner claim, so providing both scenarios for those who purchased after 9/2015 would also be helpful.
They are in the $5155. It is described in the settlement filings.

billmn

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW stock:Totaled 2000 black Golf gls 315K : retired
SO looking at https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/en/docs/3Liter/PSC%20Proposed%20Settlement%20Agreement/Exhibit%202_Payment%20Ranges%201.31.17.pdf it looks like there is a range of values that my 2010 Q7 prem plus could be worth.... but looking at https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/documents/cases/2843_-_3.0l_order_-_attachment_1.pdf It looks like they are going to go VIN by VIN?? I suppose this makes sense because they know what the vehicle shipped with, but it makes it hard for us to figure out the value.

Is there any way to be able to get a closer idea on buyback value?

DrgRnnr

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta
They are in the $5155. It is described in the settlement filings.
Just spoke to a PSC affiliated attorney and confirmed the Bosch dollars are NOT included in the $5155 baseline restitution dollars.

I have Control F'd every document I can for Bosch and cannot find anywhere that clearly indicates that it is included. What I did find is the following statement, which also appears to agree with the above statement.

Please note: There is a separate class action settlement agreement with Bosch which provides additional cash payments to 3.0 Eligible Owners, Former Owners, and Lessees. You will receive information about that settlement by separate notice. Visit WWW.BoschVWSettlement.com for more information.
-https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/en/docs/3Liter/Notices/VW%203L%20Settlement%20Notice.pdf
- Page 40

TommyGun

TDI
A bumper crop
Just spoke to a PSC affiliated attorney and confirmed the Bosch dollars are NOT included in the $5155 baseline restitution dollars.
I would also assume that this means the Bosch $$ are paid solely to the Eligible Owner of the car, and that there is not a provision for Eligible Former Owners to get a portion then?

Or perhaps that language is coming in a proposed Bosch settlement release. Either way it was a pleasant surprise to know they are throwing more money at owners. I'll gladly accept :D

Sailj22

TDI
2009 TDI Silver

I have Control F'd every document I can for Bosch and cannot find anywhere that clearly indicates that it is included. What I did find is the following statement, which also appears to agree with the above statement.

Please note: There is a separate class action settlement agreement with Bosch which provides additional cash payments to 3.0 Eligible Owners, Former Owners, and Lessees. You will receive information about that settlement by separate notice. Visit WWW.BoschVWSettlement.com for more information.
-https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/en/docs/3Liter/Notices/VW%203L%20Settlement%20Notice.pdf
- Page 40
What I see in Exhibit A on page 2/9 is that the payments INCLUDE VW AND Bosch settlements.

"Amounts reflect the total payments by VW and Bosch. Ranges are before any mileage adjustments.

To determine your exact amount and to calculate any mileage adjustment, visit VWCourtSettlement.com."

TommyGun

TDI
A bumper crop
What would be really interesting is to see what the balance sheets of some of these dealers the first article mentions that bought hundreds of these will look like this year. Based on numbers I'm seeing, if they have "hundreds" of cars, we are talking millions of dollars.

chasenichols

TDI
2003 Golf
I ran my 2012 Touareg Lux through this calculator and it matched the calculator i made for myself after reading through all the court docs perfectly!

I did have to make one small correction to it which was that the "Fixed Dollar Amount" for the restitution was set at $5,115. Should have been $5,155. Small difference...

I'd say you should be able to use this calculator with confidence. Assuming nothing changes between now and when the settlement is finally approved...

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
I ran my 2012 Touareg Lux through this calculator and it matched the calculator i made for myself after reading through all the court docs perfectly!
I did have to make one small correction to it which was that the "Fixed Dollar Amount" for the restitution was set at $5,115. Should have been $5,155. Small difference...
I'd say you should be able to use this calculator with confidence. Assuming nothing changes between now and when the settlement is finally approved...
How is the "Former owner" restitution calculated for those that havent owned their since Sept 2015?