TIL: We have heated mirrors and the sunvisor extends

jekl843

TDI
2011 Golf TDI (sold), 2002 Jetta TDI 5spd, 2017 GTI SE 6spd
After owning the car for close to 6 years and racking up 127,000 miles, I just learned that our TDIs have an extendable sunvisor and heated mirrors! :p:rolleyes: This car just keeps on surprising me... Too bad it's going back in a month, but at least I know for the new GTI :D

man i feel like a dumbass, lol

DerekG

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 4dr Golf TDI 6-speed manual
lol I'll admit it took me a few months to realize the heated mirrors....I figured they came on with the rear or front defroster (Our winters are mild and rarely need either of those options)

The telescoping visors took me until day 3 of ownership lol At the time it was hard to find a new 2013 with 4 doors and a manual without a sunroof. When I found one I flew to MD and drove it 1200 miles back home to OK. The windows were not tinted yet and I found the visors to be "inadequate". Ended up with a nice sunburn on my neck over the 2 day drive home and was irritated and started investigating until I found out that they extend.

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
But for some reason, the visor only extends for the driver (on my 09)

The mirror remote on the drivers door has a heat position.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
LOL! I never knew I had an telescoping steering whel for 2 years of ownership. Imagine how I felt/reacted when I found out via a friend? LOL *double face palms* ever since, love my car more and more.

hamilgs

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta & 2014 JSW 6MT
My '14 JSW TDI 6MT (no sunroof) also has the driver side telescoping sun visor, however the passenger side does not seem to have the feature.

jekl843

TDI
2011 Golf TDI (sold), 2002 Jetta TDI 5spd, 2017 GTI SE 6spd
LOL! I never knew I had an telescoping steering whel for 2 years of ownership. Imagine how I felt/reacted when I found out via a friend? LOL *double face palms* ever since, love my car more and more.
LoL, the telescopic steering wheel took me about 18 months to figure out. I randomly saw this lever on the side of the steering wheel column when I was installing the wiring for my subwoofer and said "wonder what this does?" Now I know, makes my hand positioning much more comfortable!! :D