PC 3.0 Fix Approved by EPA/CARB

bhuizer

TDI
2014 Toureg TDI, 2014 Q5 TDI, Past: 2012 Touareg TDI, 2012 Jetta TDI
Dealer called back today. They seem a bit unsure about what to do, as I am the first Q5 owner to have called. Maybe I should wait? I do want to get this done, get my money and get rid of this car, but on the other hand, I think I am going to wait for the Mazda CX-5 Diesel to be introduced, if that ever happens.
Going from a smooth running V6 Audi/VW Diesel to a 4-cyl Mazda would be a tough move for me, but maybe my impression of Mazda is wrong? I wouldn't be in any hurry to get out of the Q5.

Burnt

TDI
A7
Took my A7 to get fixed before the warranty ran out. Was holding off warranty fixes just incase they did a buyback.

Good guy service guy told me 3.0L PC parts are in January 17th. Told me I should hold off till the very end, said my car won't be the same. Adblue usage is about 40% more, >2 mpg decrease, higher shift points, only 2 years of free Adblue. He kept going.

Was thinking to get a fix asap since I'll get the rest of my cash just in case someone or I totals the car. Then get a Malone tune

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
Took my A7 to get fixed before the warranty ran out. Was holding off warranty fixes just incase they did a buyback.

Good guy service guy told me 3.0L PC parts are in January 17th. Told me I should hold off till the very end, said my car won't be the same. Adblue usage is about 40% more, >2 mpg decrease, higher shift points, only 2 years of free Adblue. He kept going.

Was thinking to get a fix asap since I'll get the rest of my cash just in case someone or I totals the car. Then get a Malone tune
How would "good guy" service guy have a clue. I don't believe anyone's had a PC2 car repaired yet, and if they have, there is very little data on them.

Only 2 years of adblue huh, what does the little flyer you should have received from Audi say?

I agree with getting the fix earlier than later for the simple chance that if you total your car you're leaving anywhere from $3K-$11K on the table.

Lars42

TDI
2014 A7
psd1 do you have a pc2 car...I see you are from OR as I am. I called Wilsonville they had no clue when they would get the parts and said to call back at the end of the month.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
psd1 do you have a pc2 car...I see you are from OR as I am. I called Wilsonville they had no clue when they would get the parts and said to call back at the end of the month.
I am. I have an A7 and Q5, both scheduled at Beaverton Audi.

911c4fan

TDI
2014 A6, 2016 A7, 2014A8L, 2014Q5, 2016Q5, 2013 Q7, 2014Q7, 2014Q7, 2013Q7, 2015 Q5, 2016 Q5 Prestige S line
I have a 2014 A8L and a 2016 Q5 on the operating table now, will advise if the patients survive.

Lars42

TDI
2014 A7
Thanks for the info! I will give Wilsonville another try if they still are clueless I will give Beaverton a call. Just want this done and over with!!

Q5TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Q5
Going from a smooth running V6 Audi/VW Diesel to a 4-cyl Mazda would be a tough move for me, but maybe my impression of Mazda is wrong? I wouldn't be in any hurry to get out of the Q5.
I am starting to have Q5 TDI seller's remorse, and I have not sold yet! I really love the power and ride of my Q5 TDI. But I am approaching 70,000 miles, and I fear the cost of maintenance is going to be quite high as items start to break down.

I am tired of waiting for the CX-5 diesel. They originally announced in Nov. 2016 that it would be introduced in 2017. Well, that has not happened.

I am going to test drive the CX-5 2.5 4 cyl gasoline engine. Been calculating the savings difference between gasoline and diesel, and it does not make any sense, especially considering the premium paid for diesel fuel in NJ.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks for the info! I will give Wilsonville another try if they still are clueless I will give Beaverton a call. Just want this done and over with!!
I was impressed with both the VW and Audi dealerships in Beaverton. I live in the Gorge and bypass the VW dealership in Gresham after such pitiful service.

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
I am starting to have Q5 TDI seller's remorse, and I have not sold yet! I really love the power and ride of my Q5 TDI. But I am approaching 70,000 miles, and I fear the cost of maintenance is going to be quite high as items start to break down.

I am tired of waiting for the CX-5 diesel. They originally announced in Nov. 2016 that it would be introduced in 2017. Well, that has not happened.

I am going to test drive the CX-5 2.5 4 cyl gasoline engine. Been calculating the savings difference between gasoline and diesel, and it does not make any sense, especially considering the premium paid for diesel fuel in NJ.
The X5 diesel isn’t bad. There are a lot of used ones that are priced well.

Lars42

TDI
2014 A7
I was impressed with both the VW and Audi dealerships in Beaverton. I live in the Gorge and bypass the VW dealership in Gresham after such pitiful service.
Wilsonville is now scheduling :) booked for the 25th!
I bought my original Q7 TDI through Beaverton and had a good experience. I had went through Wilsonville for the A7. I live down by Corvallis so they are more convenient. I have been happy with their service over the last couple years. I am going to sell my A7 after the fix then I think I am going to give the Range Rover Velar or Sport Diesel a try!

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
Isn't the X3 the equivalent model to the Q5? X5 is a 3 seater. I am looking at some X3's online now.
You can get the X5 with an optional third row.

I contacted a dealership about trading one of my Q5’s and they gave me a really low offer. We may have to wait a few months for the value to go back up.

Q5TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Q5
You can get the X5 with an optional third row.

I contacted a dealership about trading one of my Q5’s and they gave me a really low offer. We may have to wait a few months for the value to go back up.
When I was looking at a GMC diesel pickup, I informally offered "mid 20's". I would take that, considering I have almost 70,000 miles.

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
When I was looking at a GMC diesel pickup, I informally offered "mid 20's". I would take that, considering I have almost 70,000 miles.
Mine is a 2014 TDI Prestige S-Line with the adaptive cruise control package. It has 51k miles on it. Nada clean trade is $37,600, rough is $34,225, and retail is $39,825. He offered me $25k on trade.

Q5TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Q5
Mine is a 2014 TDI Prestige S-Line with the adaptive cruise control package. It has 51k miles on it. Nada clean trade is $37,600, rough is $34,225, and retail is $39,825. He offered me $25k on trade.
That is a crappy offer. Mine is a Premium Plus.
My appointment for the fix was bumped to January 29.
I am going car shopping this weekend. Going to try the Mazda CX-5 gas version. I suspect it will be a huge step down. As much as I love diesels, the additional fuel cost, additional DEF filling, and the fact that many gas stations in NJ make you pump your own are swaying me away from diesel. The additional mpg is not really worth the additional cost of most of the vehicles I am looking at.
I may still get a used BMW X3 diesel or a Jeep EcoDiesel, but Fiat Chrysler/Jeep will have to do at least a software modification to their Grand Cherkokee Limited EcoDiesels this year. On top of that, it looks like owners will not get the compensation Audi/VW owners got.

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
A guy that I work with has an X5 diesel with a tune, transmission tune, and exhaust. It’s pretty quick and he got a good deal on it in Virginia.

I laughed at the salesman and told him to shove it. He tried to increase the price of his vehicle and after I mentioned the price listed online he had the price increased on the website.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
A guy that I work with has an X5 diesel with a tune, transmission tune, and exhaust. It’s pretty quick and he got a good deal on it in Virginia.

I laughed at the salesman and told him to shove it. He tried to increase the price of his vehicle and after I mentioned the price listed online he had the price increased on the website.
That is a poor offer for a trade in, but we have to remember there isn't a lot of data on these cars right now AND trading a vehicle is typically the best way to lose money.

Q5TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Q5
That is a poor offer for a trade in, but we have to remember there isn't a lot of data on these cars right now AND trading a vehicle is typically the best way to lose money.
Privately selling a vehicle these days can be a nightmare. Any suggestions? For this guy trying to sell his A8, it ended badly:
http://abc13.com/authorities-confirm-body-of-missing-richmond-dad-found/2758573/

RICHMOND, Texas (KTRK) --
Authorities in Houston confirm they have found the body of a Richmond father of four who left home Tuesday night to show off a car for sale.

The Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences identified a stabbing victim as 43-year-old Altaf Hussain Malik.

Malik's wife said someone had expressed interest about the 2009 Audi A8 the family was selling.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
Privately selling a vehicle these days can be a nightmare. Any suggestions? For this guy trying to sell his A8, it ended badly:
http://abc13.com/authorities-confirm-body-of-missing-richmond-dad-found/2758573/

RICHMOND, Texas (KTRK) --
Authorities in Houston confirm they have found the body of a Richmond father of four who left home Tuesday night to show off a car for sale.

The Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences identified a stabbing victim as 43-year-old Altaf Hussain Malik.

Malik's wife said someone had expressed interest about the 2009 Audi A8 the family was selling.
Very sad, thankfully not something that occurs very often.

According to KBB only 31 have sold nationwide recently.
Is that just for Prestige model or all models?

Q5TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Q5
I think it’s Audi Q5 TDI’s. There aren’t many out there for sale that aren’t “new” at a dealership.
Does that help or hurt our resale value? Supply/demand indicates that should help us?

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
I think it’s Audi Q5 TDI’s. There aren’t many out there for sale that aren’t “new” at a dealership.
Run it through givemethevin, they will shoot you an immediate cash offer.

bhuizer

TDI
2014 Toureg TDI, 2014 Q5 TDI, Past: 2012 Touareg TDI, 2012 Jetta TDI
Man, those trade in values seem way high on your Q5 being that it has 51k miles. There are/have been many Q5 TDI's with less miles for sale (retail) in the mid to low 30's. I think you will struggle to sell/trade if you expect those numbers.

If you do find a dealer to give you those numbers, please let us know because I will be bringing ours to that dealer ASAP! Lol

Last edited:

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
Man, those trade in values seem way high on your Q5 being that it has $51k miles. There are/have been many Q5 TDI's with less miles for sale (retail) in the mid to low 30's. I think you will struggle to sell/trade if you expect those numbers.

If you do find a dealer to give you those numbers, please let us know because I will be bringing ours to that dealer ASAP! Lol
The prestige and s-line packages add a lot, but the adaptive cruise package adds another $1500 to the trade-in value.

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
Too bad KBB doesnt actually buy the car from you at the BS price that they post. Try doing one of those "KBB Offer" things where local dealers send you an offer based on KBB price.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
Too bad KBB doesnt actually buy the car from you at the BS price that they post. Try doing one of those "KBB Offer" things where local dealers send you an offer based on KBB price.
givemethevin

texas auto direct