aming for 250+ whp hoping for 280 on motor and 320 on nitrous

PARTS: :)

GTB2260vk turbo , exhaust, and manifold from David at DriversFire
Race 520 injectors - Bora Parts
AVR 2.5 tdi pistons to increase displacement to 2.0- boraparts
rosten rods-bora parts
eurospec girdle- bora parts
4 bar map - RyanP
Pelloquin lsd- VwParts.com ( i wish i noticed boraparts had them before i bought mine because i could have saved some money)
108 mm flanges- vwtranny.com
arp head studs - nicktane
head porting - Whitebread performance
ebay intercooler ( 27x7x2.5)
rosten performance dual valve springs- rosten performance
colt stage 2 cam - steve glover
sb clutch rated to 650 ftlbs - steve glover
vr6 axles with lifetime warranty :D - autozone
and tuning from TDtuning

i will be building my own intake manifold

i will also personally be putting this all together and installing it.

BiG thanks to:
Aron at bora parts
TD tuning
Steve glover
David Frontz
Whitebread

for being patient with me, all my questions, and all my changed decisions.

i will be posting pictues and updates as i begin putting all the parts together. i'm still in the machining and parts gathering stage.

donor motor from a 2002 automatic ( 11mm pump woohoo)

donor tranny from a 2002

avr pistons look at the size of that bowl!!!!!

modifing the oil squirter relif on the AVR pistons ( its on the wrong side)

used a paint pen so i could write on it with a fine point sharpee and still see it.

marked the location using the squirter that is on the wrong side from anoter piston.

tracing the relif

Traced

covered up ready for surgery

Last edited:

Bdpprocessors

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 jetta tdi 5 speed
done stock on left my hand cut with a dremel on the right

factory valve relif infront of my hand cut relif. pretty darn close not perfect but it clears the squirter with plenty of extra room

stock o2j donor tranny opened up

drilling rivets from ring gear

pelloquin installed

rosten rods on my modified pistons

Chip socketing
stock chips

stock chips removed

sockets in

Last edited:

Bdpprocessors

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 jetta tdi 5 speed
girdle installed with proper gap set after some issues

measuring protrusion for proper head gasket fitment it came really close to the top of 2 hole so i went ahead and settled for a 3 hole just incase

head back from valve job after i got it back from porting THANKS MATT!

arpstuds Thanks NICK

Head on.

Timing set! i dont know how i did it before without the metalnerd tools they made it 1000 times easier

everything on except the injectors ( had to order some spacers for the brackets i cant seem to find them. ) and the acc belt , wiring harness

YES it is a 2.0 alh TDI

Last edited:

Bdpprocessors

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 jetta tdi 5 speed
well this last weekend my machine was down for scheduled maintnance at work so i decided to go play on one of the old manual lathes heres what i came up with

shifter cable end links and cap

heres one of the end links that was on my new style shifter

i cut out the center leaving it rough so i had to press fit the end link in

here it is pressed in.

here one is installed

Last edited:

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Good luck! I think you're really lacking in the fueling dept though... Based off your parts list I'm assuming you got a 10mm but will run an 11mm. IMO you need a 12mm. We haven't seen anyone with an 11mm on a 4 banger put out more than 250whp AFAIK. But, if you do run an 11 at first, I'm very interested in what you'll put down. Should be super smoke free!

--edit-- ditch them junk axles and go with some junk yard axles or Raxles...

Bdpprocessors

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 jetta tdi 5 speed
Yes it will be an 11 for now. I will definantally be upgrading to a 12 when i put a completely moded head on. But that will be next summers project I will be getting it dynoed once i put 3000 miles on it for break in. So around october expect dyno numbers :)

I did get junkyard axles that were snapped for 15 each to use as cores for the lifetime warranty ones

Bdpprocessors

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 jetta tdi 5 speed
uploaded more pictures!! if i get my turbo kit by tomorrow night i should have the car running with the new motor by thursday night

struikie

Veteran Member
TDI
BMW 335d E91
Yes it will be an 11 for now. I will definantally be upgrading to a 12 when i put a completely moded head on. But that will be next summers project I will be getting it dynoed once i put 3000 miles on it for break in. So around october expect dyno numbers :)

I did get junkyard axles that were snapped for 15 each to use as cores for the lifetime warranty ones
an original 11mm ip will flow more fuel than a 10mm pump with 12mm head...

JW

Bdpprocessors

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 jetta tdi 5 speed
an original 11mm ip will flow more fuel than a 10mm pump with 12mm head...

JW
but a 11 mm with a 12mm head will flow more than a 11 mm thats what i'll be doing. its just stock 11mm for now.

i was told that the 10mm with a 12mm head would flow just a tad more than a 11mm but it will also rev higher.

struikie

Veteran Member
TDI
BMW 335d E91
but a 11 mm with a 12mm head will flow more than a 11 mm thats what i'll be doing. its just stock 11mm for now.

i was told that the 10mm with a 12mm head would flow just a tad more than a 11mm but it will also rev higher.
that's not what we found ;)
the 11mm ip + 12mm head will give enough fuel for your goals...

iirc turbo_johan has a 1.9tdi running a 14mm ip to 5750rpm :0
my 11mm ip is doing 5100rpm...

JW

Bdpprocessors

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 jetta tdi 5 speed

JW

thats what i am planning on doing but i was just pointing out what ive read...

now where could i get one of these along with install instructions?

Bdpprocessors

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 jetta tdi 5 speed

iirc turbo_johan has a 1.9tdi running a 14mm ip to 5750rpm :0
my 11mm ip is doing 5100rpm...

JW
Where did he get ahold of a 14mm

loudspl

Veteran Member
TDI
02 ASV w/ 02J
Where did he get ahold of a 14mm
That would likely be DSS

Those don't hold up very well at all. The 4bt would be better option since it can be built for high-ish rpm and flow even more than 14mm + VE pump

I think there is 13mm option for 4bt as well but you still lose the dynamic timing with the Bosch VE pumps so it may not be ideal for a daily driver

turbo johan

Veteran Member
thats what i am planning on doing but i was just pointing out what ive read...

now where could i get one of these along with install instructions?
I had a DSS14 mm which goes wel on 2700 rpm max tractorpuller engine.
Tryed 1 14 mm in TDI and died within 5 runs on dyno..
We run 12 mm bosch with 11 mm camplate to 5700 rpm without problems for few years now.
Without 2 stroke oil adjust or stuff like that.

Johan

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
12mm with DE143 cam plate, lift pump, keystone mod and advance collar mod is where it's at.

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
Could you explain the advance collar mod? A quick search on this forum doesn't yield much, only your posts stating that it would be a good mod to perform.

Jon

TDIMeister

TDI
TDI
It allows you to run more injection advance. Really only useful if the engine is going to run >5500 RPM.

TDIMeister

TDI
TDI
In a nutshell (some people might get upset for giving this away), you machine the timing adjuster so that the maximum travel at its stop is at a greater advance angle (area labelled 4 and 5).

There's more to it than that and I'm sure even some things were withheld from what had been shown to me. I won't betray the request for confidence to give more details but this mod is familiar to any smart injection pump shop. Rocketchip Jeff can also probably do it with his RC6 or RC7 tune.

leon10tagg

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf 90bhp ALH tdi, 2002 Golf PD100, 2004 Passat 1.9PD AWX, 2001 Golf 4-Motion, 1997 Audi A4 1.8t sport, 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.0t WRX
Meister how would this mod hold up with a 3.5mm cam plate and 12mm head on my spare 10mm.....would it provide the revs I need beyond the 3800rpm previously discussed?

Also how would a standard 11mm pump benefit from this mod?

TDIMeister

TDI
TDI
The pump case is physically the same so no reason why there should be a problem. Turbo_johan above has successfully run a 12mm pump head and 11mm cam plate to 5700 RPM for a few years now. Just have to make sure the right springs and delivery valves are carried over. The best results are a Frankenstein of parts that are best left to an expert.

loudspl

Veteran Member
TDI
02 ASV w/ 02J
I am also running 12mm + DE143 in 11mm case. Good for 5.5K+ rpm but no need to go higher

Renault camplate only worked briefly. Doesn't hold up to rpm

4bt seems like best way to go if you want extreme fueling

leon10tagg

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf 90bhp ALH tdi, 2002 Golf PD100, 2004 Passat 1.9PD AWX, 2001 Golf 4-Motion, 1997 Audi A4 1.8t sport, 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.0t WRX
The pump case is physically the same so no reason why there should be a problem. Turbo_johan above has successfully run a 12mm pump head and 11mm cam plate to 5700 RPM for a few years now. Just have to make sure the right springs and delivery valves are carried over. The best results are a Frankenstein of parts that are best left to an expert.
Why change the delivery valves?

Found this thread helpful....http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=238872

Last edited:

dieselfuel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
In a nutshell (some people might get upset for giving this away), you machine the timing adjuster so that the maximum travel at its stop is at a greater advance angle (area labelled 4 and 5).

There's more to it than that and I'm sure even some things were withheld from what had been shown to me. I won't betray the request for confidence to give more details but this mod is familiar to any smart injection pump shop. Rocketchip Jeff can also probably do it with his RC6 or RC7 tune.
Would this set-up be reliable for a daily driver, or is this just "track stuff"?

Thanks,

df

VWDAVID

Veteran Member
TDI
02 golf tdi
I am also running 12mm + DE143 in 11mm case. Good for 5.5K+ rpm but no need to go higher

Renault camplate only worked briefly. Doesn't hold up to rpm

4bt seems like best way to go if you want extreme fueling
What 4bt pump does these12mm heads come off of. I know there are many versions of that pump got any part numbers for 4bt pump.