AC button and radio remote turn on

OntarioVW_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 jetta highline
EDIT! got radio fixed, but i really want my AC button working! someone please help me :)

Last edited:

Curtis328

TDI
2001 Golf TDI - Manual
Your Volkswagen requires a retained accessory harness. There is no switched 12 volt source at the radio harness, only a CAN-BUS data wire.

If you don't want to buy a data retention harness, you can find switched 12 volts at the fuse box.

Also, the remote amp turn-on wire from the aftermarket deck should NOT have been tapped into unless it's going to an amplifier. Sounds to me like you connected a vehicle power wire into the deck's remote turn-on wire? Not good.

Aftermarket deck power wiring should only be:

Red: constant power
Yellow: Switched power
Black: Ground

Not the blue remote turn-on wire.

OntarioVW_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 jetta highline
Your Volkswagen requires a retained accessory harness. There is no switched 12 volt source at the radio harness, only a CAN-BUS data wire.

If you don't want to buy a data retention harness, you can find switched 12 volts at the fuse box.

Also, the remote amp turn-on wire from the aftermarket deck should NOT have been tapped into unless it's going to an amplifier. Sounds to me like you connected a vehicle power wire into the deck's remote turn-on wire? Not good.

Aftermarket deck power wiring should only be:

Red: constant power
Yellow: Switched power
Black: Ground

Not the blue remote turn-on wire.
umm not quite... i honestly dont know what i did :D i screwed up on the wiring a little though... i just started connecting all the wires that were the same colour togather like you do on every other car... didnt turn out the best... found my problem though... aparently you cant connect the brown wire that says it for muting the system or it will F your S up :p

Anyone have any insight on the AC button?

OntarioVW_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 jetta highline
sorry for bumping this up but i really want my ac working!!!

yes the fan was on, i have the temp set on cold... but when i push the AC button the air doesnt get any colder, button doesnt lite up, doesnt make a click as a button should, and i cant hear the compressor turn on so i know its my AC switch... i just dont know what i have to pull out to fix it... i did pull the button out and the clear piece on the back doesnt look broke so im not sure where to go from here.