Golf TDI - new white color on climate controls?

ksing44

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
Did VW make a change? In this photo the controls have white markings, but the markings are red on the VW website and I think they were red on my test drives. Same thing on the nav buttons. I will be getting my car in just a couple of days and I am wondering if I will have the white markings. Not that it will matter after I am using the car for a while, but I do like the white better and think it is easier to read.

To give credit, the great photos and reveiw are from the link below.
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/04/14/2010-volkswagen-golf-tdi-review/

Last edited:

rabinabo

TDI
2010 4 door Golf TDI manual
I think I read something about special test drive versions which were slightly different than the general release. My Golf has the white labels on all the buttons, and I got it this February.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
yeah, they are very sneaky sneaky with it.

Pelican18TQA4

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta Hybrid
The interior lighting is mostly red. The Climatic and radio buttons will light up red at night but are otherwise white.

Congrats on your car, by the way, and let me know if you need any VAG-COM work!

ksing44

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
Pelican18TQA4 said:
The interior lighting is mostly red. The Climatic and radio buttons will light up red at night but are otherwise white.

Congrats on your car, by the way, and let me know if you need any VAG-COM work!
Thank you Pelican18TQA4, I hope to get the car next week. It is just a matter of getting the documents notarized today, sending things back to the dealer by FedEx, and waiting for their carrier to deliver the car to my home. I am very close now!!!

I will definitely want to change a few things with your help. As soon as I actually have the car in my possession, I will contact you to arrange a time and place that is convenient for you to to meet me and fine tune the settings in my car. Thanks again for your willingness to help me with your VAG-COM.

unsub1

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW TDI DSG
ksing44 said:
Thank you Pelican18TQA4, I hope to get the car next week. It is just a matter of getting the documents notarized today, sending things back to the dealer by FedEx, and waiting for their carrier to deliver the car to my home. I am very close now!!!
Welcome to my world. FINALLY got my car this week. I was about to go coo-coo with all of the documents and car shippers and stuff. Whoo!!