TDI Jetta Rental ???

ice512

TDI
Does anyone know where I can rent a TDI Jetta for a day or so? I would really want to test drive one for an extended period of time...

Thanks in advance!

mo_focus

Veteran Member
TDI
84 944
Try Hertz and see what they say. I have seen couple of ex-rental Jetta's at auctions. Alternate fuel car rental is a risky business. Not everyone will remember to put diesel in the tank!

Sweeps

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently. MK4/5/6 Jetta's in the past.
Go to a dealer and ask for an extended test drive. They might have one with a few kms on it that you could use overnight.
We lend out vehicles overnight all the time (at my Kia dealer), usually we have a demo, or something lightly used that a customer can take overnight.

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
Enterprise rental cars says they have Passat TDI but the Seattle location I rented from a couple weeks ago said they didn't have one there.

ice512

TDI
Go to a dealer and ask for an extended test drive. They might have one with a few kms on it that you could use overnight.
We lend out vehicles overnight all the time (at my Kia dealer), usually we have a demo, or something lightly used that a customer can take overnight.
Will do if I can't find one. Thanks!

fukeen

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta, 1990 Golf
Does anyone know where I can rent a TDI Jetta for a day or so? I would really want to test drive one for an extended period of time...
Thanks in advance!
Not that I would like to discourage you from buying TDI, but why don't you just rent a gas Jetta. The only major difference would be that you would get better fuel performance with a TDI.

bibendum

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 jetta tdi
I disagree. IMHO the TDI drives totally different than gas. Hertz rents them in select cities, but i also would check with the dealer either about a rental, or extended test drive.

wolfsburg

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Golf
Check out Enterprise: I know my dealership sold a few months ago 20? odd Jetta's to Enterprise. They said they go then to all rental locations in Ontario.