Am I the only one enjoying their '09?

Pelican18TQA4

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta Hybrid
I am extremely happy that I got this car. Since the 28th of November, I've managed to put on about 4,500 miles and I can honestly say that I couldn't be happier. There are so many threads detailing all kinds of problems that I thought it might be appropriate to have one where I can earnestly say that I have had not one problem with this car yet and every mile includes a smile. Yes, I'm knocking on wood right now.

redvw

TDI
Jetta
Pelican18TQA4 said:
I am extremely happy that I got this car. Since the 28th of November, I've managed to put on about 4,500 miles and I can honestly say that I couldn't be happier. There are so many threads detailing all kinds of problems that I thought it might be appropriate to have one where I can earnestly say that I have had not one problem with this car yet and every mile includes a smile. Yes, I'm knocking on wood right now.
I am enjoying my 09 TDI also. It is the best car I have owned, and one of the best cars that I have driven.

ruking

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 VW Jetta, 5 M, Reflex Silver: 09 Jetta, 6 Sp DSG, Candy White: 12 VW Touareg, 8 Sp A/T, Flint Gray
@ 1.1 k miles, so far so good!!! This is the second VW that seemingly was delieved new with ZERO defects and concerns. I guess that is part of the reasoning behind the 90 day or 6,000 mile courtesy maintenance offer, if you have issues, that is the time.... It also is a time to explain all the computer and procedural information overload too !!! :)

I have read there is a HUGE upgrade in reliability, despite the added complexity on both the Gen IV to V upgrade and 2009 50 state emissions issues and components, and let's do not forget the DSG.

Last edited:

bigman111387

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Platinum Gray Sedan Manual
I absolutely love my car with no real problems at all. Delivered oct 27 and have 7600 milies on her =). I just wish I had money too do mods! lol

karltinsly

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI SportWagen manual
Definitely loving the VolksDragen! I really enjoy driving it, the mileage is great, the camaraderie and technical assistance available here at tdiclub is wonderful. I like having a car that's not like every other car on the road, and is better than most in many areas. It's different even from the majority of other VWs (being a TDI). I think the stereo sounds great, and like the aux jack, satellite radio, and MP3 CD capability.
I'm not really a "car guy," but owning this car for just a month has got me buying tools and dreaming of the mods I'd like to do. It's also the first car I've had in years that makes me really really really want to take a road trip!

QSHIPWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 TDI SPORTWAGEN
Pelican18TQA4 said:
Happy, happy, joy, joy, 4600 miles since November 13th and 36.3MPG without trying to get good mileage... no discernable defects...

Pelican18TQA4

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta Hybrid
karltinsly said:
It's also the first car I've had in years that makes me really really really want to take a road trip!
Even though I spend upwards of 3 hours a day in my car, I too am longing for nice weather when I can put the windows down, open the sunroof and just drive...to nowhere is ok!

MBoni

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen
I'm a little over 6k miles since mid-October, and everything is great. I'm a little disappointed when I get poor mileage on short commutes in cold weather, but thrilled when my long weekend drives get nearly double what my previous car got. I wish I was able to run high concentration biodiesel, but I wouldn't have purchased a diesel without a DPF, clean air is important.

I'm also enjoying doing little modifications to the car, like installing fog lights and such. As much as I liked driving a stick on certain roads, I'm quite pleased with how the DSG handles, especially on days like today when traffic was just inching along.

Mach1

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
05.5 Jetta 5 spd, 06 Jetta DE DSG, 04 F250 6L, 2000 F250 7.3L
I have been enjoying mine for 3.5 years..and a whole lot more now that I have modded mine..That 150hp is fun as well as the truck sound..the VNT turbo is SWEET!!!

MBoni

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen
Mach1 said:
I have been enjoying mine for 3.5 years..
Hold a sec, I swear this was a thread about the '09 models. Or did you get a time-travelling pre-release model? :D

Vipervnm

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Package 1
I'm not driving an '09, but I've been enjoying my '06 flawlessly (aside from the stock conti tires) for two months shy of 3 years and 54k miles. It's a very fun car to drive and always surprises people the first time they ride in it. Good stuff.

Mach1

TDI
Mboni? did I miss it or am I in the wrong A5 section..:D

Same car...

The 1.9 has more power..

I have enjoyed mine to the tune of 92000 miles..I still like driving mine..The newness hasn't worn off yet..

Pelican18TQA4

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta Hybrid
I did create the thread about the '09, which is to say, the CBEA TDI. So I would like it if members would keep it to comments that are '09-related. I am thrilled that BRM owners are happy but that doesn't relate to a thread specifically aimed at the '09.

calvins car

Veteran Member
TDI
09 JSW Comfortline Platinum Grey
11,000 since Oct 1 and LOVING IT.
I've heard of 2 other 09 owners within our group of companies and they LOVE theirs too... Over the moon with them.

considering I bought it sight unseen really, no test drive... I. AM. AMAZED.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Yup, Mama is happy so we all are happy. This one won't get many mods. Aspherical mirrors, Frostheater, and foglights somewhere down the road.

DoctorDawg

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 Jetta Loyal Edition
Pelican18TQA4 said:
There are so many threads detailing all kinds of problems
Personally, I don't think that the number of threads detailing problems has been anything like "so many"; I think it's within expectations for any new car.

And yup, I couldn't be happier. I've stopped flying on my monthly business trips between Raleigh and Baltimore (about 330 mi. each way) and have taken to driving instead, just 'cus it's fun (plus the 53 cents/mi reimbursement doesn't hurt!). Looking forward to warm weather when I can do it with the moonroof open.

ruking

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 VW Jetta, 5 M, Reflex Silver: 09 Jetta, 6 Sp DSG, Candy White: 12 VW Touareg, 8 Sp A/T, Flint Gray
Pelican18TQA4 said:
I did create the thread about the '09, which is to say, the CBEA TDI. So I would like it if members would keep it to comments that are '09-related. I am thrilled that BRM owners are happy but that doesn't relate to a thread specifically aimed at the '09.
I can understand that you would feel this way, but at the same time, it might "disallow" the discussion of some/whatever improvements made to subsequent MK V's, A5, gen 5's, if you will. A for example: Gen IV up to 2002 had rear brake pads that literally wore earlier than it should, some as early as 5,000 miles. They made an upgrade/change to the rear brake pads and slight adjustment to the rear bias starting with 2003 and that Gen IV in hindsight was (some say) the best of its generation. Upshot to the example, I am pushing 114,000 miles on the front and rear brake pads and it looks good to go to 200,000 miles. So the nexus here should be plenty clear.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
9000 miles and 6 months of driving and i still can't wait to drive to work. i am turning 50 soon and have owned many nice vehicles and some much more expensive, but i have never anticipated a car as much as this one(deposit in march 08)(delivery aug 18/08), and i have never enjoyed owning a car as much as this one. there is something very special about it. some if it has to do with this site though as it keeps you involved in your car. i think i have enjoyed this site almost as much.:)

Last edited:

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Jetta Cup 6spd, '02 Jetta Auto
DoctorDawg said:
Personally, I don't think that the number of threads detailing problems has been anything like "so many"; I think it's within expectations for any new car.

And yup, I couldn't be happier. I've stopped flying on my monthly business trips between Raleigh and Baltimore (about 330 mi. each way) and have taken to driving instead, just 'cus it's fun (plus the 53 cents/mi reimbursement doesn't hurt!). Looking forward to warm weather when I can do it with the moonroof open.
I agree I also don't think there have been very many "problems" with the 09 CBEA's at all. People just have questions as they don't know much about them yet and they are new.

The A5 is a great car the CBEA CR 2.0 TDI is a great motor (but complicated). If I had one (An 09 that is, and kind of wish I did) I would be enjoying/modding the heck out of it. Have fun guys.

Last edited:

Mach1

TDI
Another thread where the BRM guys cant post..I dont think so...This is the A5 section:D..

I will keep posting,especially in this 13th thread already about how I like my 09..How many more are we going to have? and that I am not supposed to post in??

velociT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI *sold*
Mach1 said:
Another thread where the BRM guys cant post..I dont think so...This is the A5 section:D..

I will keep posting,especially in this 13th thread already about how I like my 09..How many more are we going to have? and that I am not supposed to post in??
Agreed 100% Randy.

I'm glad some of you 09 owners are wannabe elitists, but you still have lots of learning to do.

Forgive me for saying:

1) If you 09 owners deserved your own forum, you'd have it.

2) I find this thread funny considering I enjoy my 06 500% more since putting on the intake/exhaust. The sound is amazing.

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
velociT said:
Agreed 100% Randy.

I'm glad some of you 09 owners are wannabe elitists, but you still have lots of learning to do.

Forgive me for saying:

1) If you 09 owners deserved your own forum, you'd have it.

2) I find this thread funny considering I enjoy my 06 500% more since putting on the intake/exhaust. The sound is amazing.
velocit, i thought you sold the 06 and brought a classic? glad to see your still here and enjoying your car 500% more.:)

velociT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI *sold*
coolbreeze said:
velocit, i thought you sold the 06 and brought a classic? glad to see your still here and enjoying your car 500% more.:)
That was Lightflyer06, not me :)

I plan on adding an 04-05 Excursion Diesel to the garage for my business.

Won't have to sell the 06 for that, it's already paid off :p

jimlockey

Veteran Member
TDI
14 TDI Jetta & 09 TDI Sportwagen
Looks like my in town mileage will be better than my 05 Passat TDI. Only calculated one time for 35.6 mpg. Dealer did have to pull my compass and turn it around, but other than that the JSW is over all better than our Passat. The 16" tires are MUCH better than the 17" we had on our Passat.

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
MBoni said:
Hold a sec, I swear this was a thread about the '09 models. Or did you get a time-travelling pre-release model? :D
Lol MBomi you must understand that mach1 seems to have selfproclaimed thread police...... even though the topic specificlly mentioned about the 09's not being an elitest or how ever ya spell it but being a different engine :)

And I certainly find it being such a vast improvement over my A4 for comfort and size and fuel economy to boot, even with my slightly modded A4 with nozzles and tune this one is sooooo very nice and at the same point where I left off so when broken in can be more :) sure there are more options etc for the older ones at the moment but pretty sure there was a wait when those first came out..... with about 9200 on the odo the car runs amazing!!

Rather Be Biking

Veteran Member
TDI
09 JSW Manual
Four months and 4,500 miles and I'm happy. No problems other than an early suspension creak that went away on its own, a sticking latch on the rear seat pass through and stuff rattling around in the glove box (the last being a joke -- just mentioning it to avoid accidentally starting a new thread on glove box packing). Started right up and ran fine every day during our near record-breaking cold snap -- and the mileage is great once the engine warms up. Generally low to mid 40s on mostly hwy runs with a warm engine. Worst mileage is about 34-38 in winter city driving.

Pelican18TQA4

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta Hybrid
DoctorDawg said:

I never said that there are a lot of threads about problems with the CBEA. Sorry if my wording caused you to infer that. I was referring to problems in general, whatever the generation of VW or TDI. Do a search for new posts and I can all but guarantee that probably about 80% of the threads that come up are in relation to some type of problem that an owner is experiencing. It's the nature of the this site, and most enthusiast sites in general; people come here with their problems because the sheer number of members helps them solve the problems.

So, in light of that I wanted to create a thread where people aren't trying to solve a problem or complaining about this or that, but instead a thread where people are singing the praises of the car. Being that the '09 is getting a lot of attention, I think it's important for people to get as much information as possible. And really, if it was so redundant as some have alleged, then why are there plenty of '09 owners posting in this thread? :)

Mach1 said:

Post away, by all means. However, in a thread titled "Am I the only one enjoying their '09?", submitting a post about a model year other than a '09 seems erroneous.

newbury

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW
Well I AM NOT ENJOYING MY '09!!!

Can't drive and surf the web :mad:

Not safe :mad:

Today I was driving my Honda Fit, a little more pickup a LOT less car, but fits in smaller places, about the same mileage. Wished I had the JSW.

And it's to darn bad there are so many thread crappers that just mess up threads.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
Pelican18TQA4 said:
but instead a thread where people are singing the praises of the car. Being that the '09 is getting a lot of attention, I think it's important for people to get as much information as possible.

good point. many out there using this forum to decide on a new car purchase and as good as this car is there should be a thread to let us get that point out.:D