Dead pedal alh?

Millennium Falcon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta wagon, 1949 willys cj3 ALH TDI swap
Ive been driving my ALH swapped willys jeep a lot lately. It has been running great. It did something odd on Saturday that ive never experienced before. We were traveling with a group lots of stop and starts.....engine on and off several times. I went to restart it after a short break, it fired right up and idled normal at 925 for a few seconds then climbed up to 1200 and my pedal was dead. Do input when I pushed the accelerator. I shut it of....waited a second restarted and it did the same thing. The 3rd start it stayed at 925 and drove like normal the rest of the day. Ive probably driven it 100 miles since with lots of on and offs and it hasnt done it since. It wasnt a run away.....it was like my dynamic idle kicked in and the pedal stopped working. Any ideas what caused this? It has , dynamic idle, egr, asv,immo delete. Thanks!

Last edited:

Exenos

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf
From what I understand if the ecu is getting no throttle signal (failed pedal, no pedal ect) it goes to a default high idle i'm guessing with the thought that you can still limp it home with a faulty pedal. I'd check the plug first and the condition of any splices you had to make.

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
It will also do this if it thinks the TPS and brake pedal are pressed at the same time... might be worth checking the brake switch wiring as well.

Millennium Falcon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta wagon, 1949 willys cj3 ALH TDI swap
I check the brake switch circuit it has 12v going to it. I cleared all the codes and haven't had a problem since. Im looking for another pedal to keep in the jeep as a spare. Thanks!