2012 Golf DSG 4D Shark Blue
Saturday T-BELT LIST CONFIRMED at Pacific Biofuels

1. Regina (regkat) 03 jetta wagon
2. DrivingInMyCar 03 golf
3. Johnnyangel 98 NB
4. Frugal_Traveler 03 Time allowing

Sunday T-BELT LIST CONFIRMED at CRUZNWRX's
1. Cruznwrx (HOST)
2. Mtnwater 02 NB already has t-belt kit.
3. MattBissell 96 B4 need kit from BB
4. Time allowing

Here is a list of those interested in a day on Saturday or Sunday

1. Flashmayo
2. Ben Truong
3. Frugal_Traveler

Please, since I'd be traveling from Portland Oregon, I need to know the level of interest or commitment of all those interested.

If your ready to commit, please move your name to one of the available spots on Saturday or Sunday.

Please copy and paste this entire post when adding your name.

flashmayo

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Jetta - Gator Tuned
Thought I indicated commitment by saying I was a definite for a TB before, but here goes my name on the list for Sunday afternoon.

MattBissell said:

3. Johnnyangel 98 NB

1. Cruznwrx (HOST)
4. Flashmayo - Got a kit already.

2. Ben Truong
3. Frugal_Traveler

Please, since I'd be traveling from Portland Oregon, I need to know the level of interest or commitment of all those interested.

If your ready to commit, please move your name to one of the available spots on Saturday or Sunday.

Flash-<>-mayo

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
flashmayo said:
Thought I indicated commitment by saying I was a definite for a TB before, but here goes my name on the list for Sunday afternoon.

Flash-<>-mayo
Sorry for the confusion Flash.

Looks like we are all full for Sat and Sun. :)
I put in for the time off from work yesterday. I'm going to try and fly down Friday, fly back monday. Depending on the flight times, I may have time for one or two more belts on Fricday afternoon and Monday morning, but we'll have to see about that!

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
You know you want to do 16 kits! ;)

abtmuda

Veteran Member
TDI
Many others but one ALH TDI - In love
MattBissell said:

3. Johnnyangel 98 NB

1. Cruznwrx (HOST)
4. Time allowing

1. Flashmayo
2. Ben Truong
3. Frugal_Traveler

Let me try that again...

Does this look fool or can we add another name to the list?

Fahrfrumfuelin

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 96 green
Who needs a tune?

Since Kerma will be coming to this GTG, it would be nice to start a list of those who are looking for an Alligator Tune for their rides. Put your name down and what you want (tune/re-tune).

TDI
GLS Golf, 2003, silver
Need to switch TB date

Hi All,
First off, the switch with mtnwater didn’t work, but thanks anyway mtn. Second, I still need to switch with someone or if someone want my #2 spot on Saturday, I can and will give it up. This is a great time slot for Saturday, I was going to put it up for auction on Ebay, but thought better of it. If Justin has time on Friday or Monday, and wants to do a TB, then that would work for me, but it’s got to work for the GTG as a group for Saturday/Sunday. I don’t want to cause more logistic/scheduling problems than I already am.
So here’s what happen. I had forgotten that I was supposed to go to a wedding reception, with my wife, for one of her girlfriends on Saturday 12:30 to 4??. When my wife reminder me about it, I said something like, I’m going to a car GTG on Saturday, but don’t worry, I’ll go to her next wedding reception. The second those words slipped out of my mouth, I knew I was in trouble. Big trouble. It’s the kind of mindless thing you’d say when you’re thinking about your TDI’s internal health, beer, food, etc. I changed her TB and H2O pump in her Miata, so you would think I would get a little slack cut here, but NOOO. You know, drinking beer at a wedding reception, is just not the same. I thought that flashmayo or abtmuda was in #4 slot on Sunday. Not sure.
So I need some help. I’m available on Friday, Sunday, and Monday.
I’ll be in SC on business today and in LA Friday to Sunday, so I’ll respond back Sunday night. Thanks in advance, Tim

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
Tim, we'll get you done one way or another. Perhaps monday if we cant get someone to switch.
Keeping in mind we'd need a place to work on monday.

Fahrfrumfuelin

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 96 green
A good Cause...

DrivingInMyCar said:
Hi All,
First off, the switch with mtnwater didn’t work, but thanks anyway mtn. Second, I still need to switch with someone or if someone want my #2 spot on Saturday, I can and will give it up. This is a great time slot for Saturday, I was going to put it up for auction on Ebay, but thought better of it.
Since we are all full on TB spots a month out, and this is obviously going to be a sell-out GTG, I wanted to suggest that anyone who DOES sell thier spot on fleaBAY, donate the proceeds to TDIClub?

This post would have worked better 2 days ago (April 1st for the slow ones :rolleyes:).

It's nice to have so much interest in this event. Thanks to the Guru's for making it happen!!

mtnwater

Fahrfrumfuelin said:
Since Kerma will be coming to this GTG, it would be nice to start a list of those who are looking for an Alligator Tune for their rides. Put your name down and what you want (tune/re-tune).
mtnwater - PP520+possible tune, '02 NB

Seriously considering a set of PP520 and possible tune. I realize I need to do a little research, but can someone tell me if I can run the PP520's and a tune w/out needing a beefier clutch? thanks in advance for your patience with my ignorance.

GotB100

Veteran Member
TDI
BMW 335d, Alpine White
mtnwater said:
mtnwater - PP520+possible tune, '02 NB

Seriously considering a set of PP520 and possible tune. I realize I need to do a little research, but can someone tell me if I can run the PP520's and a tune w/out needing a beefier clutch? thanks in advance for your patience with my ignorance.
I thought that I could get away without it on RC2, but it depends a little on your right foot. Definately can't do without a beefier clutch if you intend to use RC3 or equivalent. So, it depends on the tune you go for, but be prepared to sign up for a new clutch.
If you plan to attend this GTG, you are welcome to check my installation out.

Ben Truong

TDI
Jetta
TB splot

abtmuda said:
Let me try that again...

Does this look fool or can we add another name to the list?
Sorry, I've been out for a while. What is the latest on the TB slot? I'd like to have a slot and can be flexible (friday or Monday). Also, is it possible to have the water pump replaced as well?

TDI
GLS Golf, 2003, silver
Thanks Matt, Switched Times

MattBissell said:
Driving I would be willing to switch with you.

Matt
Originally Posted by MattBissell

2. MattBissell 96 B4 need kit from BB
3. Johnnyangel 98 NB

1. Cruznwrx (HOST)
3. DrivingInMyCar 03 Golf
4. Time allowing

1. Flashmayo
2. Ben Truong
3. Frugal_Traveler

BleachedBora

TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Ben,
This does include the water pump--and thanks guys for getting your kits from me, I appreciate it :). So far I'm coming down with (or have already shipped) 6 kits.
-BB

TDI
GLS Golf, 2003, silver
Aaron,
I hope one of those 6 kits is for me. Also, are you going to bring gear oil and filter kits? I'll be doing a 100k soon. Anything else you can think of?
Thanks, Tim

BleachedBora

TDI
I'll have filters, oil, gear oil, MAFs, AT filter kits (if anyone needs those please let me know, I'll let them go for $60 which is a bit of a discount, huge overstock on them right now...
Anything else people need I'll get it taken care of...
Thanks,
-BB

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
here is the list as it currently stands

its possible that we could do one or two belts on both fri and monday, but we need someone to host for both days.

Ben Truong, you mentioned you were interested in a spot for fri. The waterpump is included in the kit and is always installed.

Abtmuda, which day are you available to come on?

Friday T-BELT LIST tentitave need location

2. MattBissell 96 B4 need kit from BB
3. Johnnyangel 98 NB
4. Frugal_Traveler 03 Needs kit from BB

1. Mtnwater 02 NB already has t-belt kit.
2. DrivingInMyCar 03 Golf
3. Flashmayo - Got a kit already.
4. Abtmuda pending confirmation with oldpoopie
Monday T-BELT LIST CONFIRMED at CRUZNWRX's

Here is a list of those interested in a day on Friday or Monday

1. Ben Truong

Ok folks. I've put in for the days off from work. I'm definately coming. Also, I've talked to buckweatdiesel, and he said he may be able to come as well, so we may have Alligator tunes available.

If your ready to commit, please move your name to one of the available spots

Last edited:

Turbo D

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2000, Tornado red
Hi All, well I couldn't wait till May, I just got my PP520's installed last night, so I guess there in now an open spot in my place. If I have free time I might cruz on over to hang out. Parking in going to be real tight over there. Anyway, I like what I have so far, tons of mid range torque and very quick revving. I'm running B99 and have a bit of light brown smoke, but it might just be old crap blowing out. Well there goes my mileage, cause it's too much fun to drive now!

1. Regina (regkat)- re-tune after turbo upgrade/Timing Belt
2. Turbo D - Cancelling (got nozzles installed)
3. Estresco -PP520 nozzle install & tune
4. Cruzntdi - R520 nozzle install & re tune
5. Flashmayo - TB, possible PP520 as well.

californiadiesel

Hi everyone, looks like a spot opened up for me! Looking forward to meeting some fellow bay-area TDIers and learning a few things at the same time. I think the nozzles are the start of a slippery slope of mods!

1. Regina (regkat)- re-tune after turbo upgrade/Timing Belt
2. Californiadiesel - PP520 nozzle install & tune
3. Estresco -PP520 nozzle install & tune
4. Cruzntdi - R520 nozzle install & re tune
5. Flashmayo - TB, possible PP520 as well.

Fahrfrumfuelin

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 96 green
californiadiesel said:
Hi everyone, looks like a spot opened up for me!
Hi Cali,

Since the "Spot" vacated for you was never actually confirmed by the guy who put his nozzles in las night, you have either Friday or Monday to choose from. Look at Oldpoopies message.

californiadiesel

Ok, I was wondering why the 1-10 list turned into a 1-4-4-1 thing. I guessed that something else was happening w/ the nozzles because the-1-4-4-1 seemed like a T-belt only sign-up as the thread progressed and not everyone on the list at the start was on the T-belt list. My fault, I’m not trying to edge someone out of their spot, I just read it a different way.

I was looking forward to meeting some people when I was driving down there over the weekend but maybe only Friday afternoon will work for me for the install. Monday is out b/c of work but I could get out of work early on Friday and make it there in the afternoon if that would work…

Tbirdtree

Veteran Member
TDI
none at the moment
I thought Oldpoopie was just doing t-belts and the rest of us would handle helping each other out with nozzles and such? I personaly don't have any work to do, but thought I would come down and say hello and lend a hand if needed. Mabey someone can clarify. Thanks,
Tom

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
Correct. My list is STRICTLY for timing belts unless I insert something explicitly. I may or may not have time for other work. I'm pretty sure someone from kermatdi will be attending, so nozzles will probably be pretty easy to aquire...... LOL