Lost AUX Input

325_Guy

Veteran Member
TDI
MkV Jetta
I have an '06 Jetta with the Sat radio and an aux input in the glovebox. The aux always worked fine and was accessed through the CD button on the headunit. As part of all the work I did I had to disconnect the battery....now I have no aux input. When I press the CD button all I get is "NO CD" and no option for AUX input. I've read that it is a coding issue but when I fired up VCDS I did not see an option in the radio module for AUX IN coding. What gives?

D-Cell_Mekanick

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Honda Civic SE
Yes you have to recode the radio, I believe you have to add a 1 or something like that. It's happen to me several times now. But I've got a guy that takes care of that computer vcds stuff for me, maybe he will chime in and tell you what has to be done.

slamhouse

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI SE
I too have the Audi input but have never been able to access it VIA the cd button... I bought the car used about 3 months ago... Could I just need to recode mine as well?

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
This is an easy fix, if you have access to VCDS (Vag-Com). I just fixed this for someone a week or two ago. You have to go into the radio's coding and add one to the coding. With many radios this coding bit is lost any time the battery is disconnected. The car I fixed the coding was 10400 and I changed it to 10401 and the Aux input was back. You need to find someone near you with VCDS and it is a simple 30 second fix.

Have Fun!

Don

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Yeah it is one of those strange things. They finally figured out how to store the antitheft coding of the radio in the CAN bus, so you don't have to re-enter that every time the battery is disconnected.... yet now we have to reset the soft coding instead :rolleyes:

Oh well.. we use one of those battery memory saver packs, that plugs into both the 12v aux outlet and the DLC, so that *usually* helps avoid this, but not always.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Yeah it is one of those strange things. They finally figured out how to store the antitheft coding of the radio in the CAN bus, so you don't have to re-enter that every time the battery is disconnected.... yet now we have to reset the soft coding instead :rolleyes:
It appears that they have finally actually fixed this bug too. The car I "fixed" recently was a 2008 with a Premium 7 radio. My car (a 2009) also has a Premium 7 radio, but I have disconnected my battery several times and never lost this coding bit. I have no idea how they fixed it, but it appears that they have fixed it. I have not heard of this issue occuring on a 2009+ VW, but it definitely happens on Mk5s from 2005.5 to 2008.

Have Fun!

Don

D-Cell_Mekanick

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Honda Civic SE
I think it depends on how long the battery is removed. The last time I disconnected the batt to change the dsg filter, I didn't need to reset it. But I have had to on other occasions.

325_Guy

Veteran Member
TDI
MkV Jetta
Done! Easy enough. It would be nice to see this as a little note in the VCDS screen...it gives the different options for coding but none of them deal with the Aux input. Thanks for the quick help!

El Dobro

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Bolt EV Premier, 2023 Bolt EUV Premier
The original and the warranty replacement in my '09 would lose the coding every time the battery was disconnected. That's why it's always handy to have VCDS around.

joeonetime

TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Yup - this happened to me once after getting the 40k mile service (and a computer software "upgrade" at my local dealer). Had to fight with them about what needed to be done - the service writer even went as far as to refuse to read the threads that I had printed out from here advising how to resolve it.

Finally, one of the techs took the car, came back 20 minutes later and the AUX input was working again...