Looking for a ride in a Malone tuned CR......

graeme20

TDI
2013 GSW
Anybody around Whitby with a Maloned' CR willing to meet up for a spin? Just picked up a manual 2013 GSW & debating how far to go with mods......currently the power is pretty "Meh" compared to my turned up ALH and want to see how far to go with it. Yeah, I know it'll void the extended dieselgate warrantee, but not too concerned if the increase is a ton of fun! cheers.

HPsenicka

Veteran Member
TDI
2 x 2004 Jetta Sport BEW (Malone Stage 1.5), 2014 GSW TDI - Wolfsburg Edition, 2015 Passat TDI -Sport Trim
I have a 2014 GSW with Malone Stage 1.5 in Orangeville.... might be in your area some day soon if I can hook up with Wingnut.

ErackTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
04 jetta. 13 jetta, 04 jetta
i have a 2013 jetta cr with dpf delete and a stage 2 tune
not malone but if u want ill meet up at some point

Yai

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI, 2014 Touareg- R Line
I’d also be interested in meeting up. I’d be interested in going for a spin in a Malone tuned ride. I’ve got a JR stage 2 tune, and is now loads of fun to boot around in. My dpf is still intact as vw replaced a lot of my emission components, after the emission fix was completed.

Ron

ToBiN

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Sportwagen TDI/M6; 2006 Dodge 3500 Cummins/M6 Mega Cab; 2011 Jetta TDI/M6 (sold)
nice friggin car @graeme20! I love the wheels too! I have a 2013 JSW M6, Malone Stage 2. but I'm in CO. Quite a drive for a "spin".

Recently I had to go back to stock to take my car in for an "issue" at the dealership and I can tell you, its just a car, or "meh" as you stated above. There was more driving enjoyment when I had the tune on it and I plan on putting it back on as soon as this "issue" is resolved.

I'm updating in stages. Started with the Stage2 on stock ex, but have a Darkside DPF/CAT delete to install. Then I can go to Stage2.5 (2 with deletes) per Malone.
Although I haven't had the time I am looking forward to installing this new DP with deletes soon. I did a turbo-back on my 5.9L Cummins and gained 4 mpg. The Cummins def flows some air with the ATS Arc-Flow, MBRP exhaust, and Smarty Jr. tune.

Mo1991

TDI
Mk4 Jetta sports edition 5 speed
I am curious as to what you paid for this one? I am looking a very similar one in KW with 120k on it.

graeme20

TDI
2013 GSW
nice friggin car @graeme20! I love the wheels too! I have a 2013 JSW M6, Malone Stage 2. but I'm in CO. Quite a drive for a "spin".

Recently I had to go back to stock to take my car in for an "issue" at the dealership and I can tell you, its just a car, or "meh" as you stated above. There was more driving enjoyment when I had the tune on it and I plan on putting it back on as soon as this "issue" is resolved.

I'm updating in stages. Started with the Stage2 on stock ex, but have a Darkside DPF/CAT delete to install. Then I can go to Stage2.5 (2 with deletes) per Malone.
Although I haven't had the time I am looking forward to installing this new DP with deletes soon. I did a turbo-back on my 5.9L Cummins and gained 4 mpg. The Cummins def flows some air with the ATS Arc-Flow, MBRP exhaust, and Smarty Jr. tune.
Whoa - sounds like you'll have quite the beast after tune & bolt-ons! Yup, I'm loving the wheels too - picked them off as new takeoffs from a 2018 GTI & the rubber's a big improvement from the stock winters that came with.

graeme20

TDI
2013 GSW
I am curious as to what you paid for this one? I am looking a very similar one in KW with 120k on it.
$10,500 private sale & uncertified. Needed a bit of love (stabilizer links, summer rubber) but preferred it after driving a half dozen or so dealer wagons that sat on buyback lots......& I like meeting the current vehicle owners when shopping, going through records etc.

Mo1991

TDI
Mk4 Jetta sports edition 5 speed
Thanks Graeme.

That is probably the best way to go, you can tell if that person is maintaining the car. Mine is a private sale as well, the price is close to what you paid and it is already a stage 2 ;)

A.D.TDI

TDI
2011 golf tdi
Hey guys. I just ordered the buzzken exhaust straight pipe and looking for someone to install. I have all the tools and place to do it but am hesitant to tackle on my own. I'm looking for a shop to do it, or someone to help me if they are free one weekend...? I can pay for labor of course... Any suggestions on a shop that will install it? I'm in Markham/scarborough areas. I have access to a garage and all tools...

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
Giles @ performance diesel injection is in Markham. It's not too bad of a job to do yourself though if you'd like to save some coin. The egr line from the manifold to intake is probably worse to remove than the dpf, might be best to retain that though given your climate (will help with warm up times in the winter). DPF can be birthed with the axle disconnected and the subframe intact without removing the rest of the exhaust, it's tight but it fits.

rawtek has solid instructions for the disassembly as well.