www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old May 14th, 2013, 10:41   #46
cwescapexlt4x4
Veteran Member

Good point/tip - as I (from your earlier postings) also leave the small gap at front to hold it when rolling the screen back.
cwescapexlt4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2014, 13:18   #47
showdown 42
Veteran Member

I am guessing that most of the trouibles with the destruction of the OEM shade is extreme heat over a long period of time,or Have others had the same issue in more moderate climates.

I think the Germans don't have any concept of the pressure some of these vehicles get in either extreme heat or cold. Europe is rather moderate all the way around.
showdown 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2015, 09:56   #48
kooyajerms
grocery getter

Got two babies sitting in the backseat rear facing (I have no idea how to get A/C cold air to them any ideas?) . Summer is here and those babies are gonna fry! I hesitated buying this Heatshield, but we put it in yesterday with 93*F and my god, it actually works! It's amazing how much cooler it is when the car has been parked in the sun. The A/C cools the cabin much faster and isn't fighting for long. I didn't want to admit it, but it's a huge difference.

Like Don said, I want my panoramic sunroof, and I will use it for the 9 months of the year and enjoy it. The babies love watching trees pass by, and I love seeing their face with the extra light in the cabin.

When the temperature stays above 90*F I will keep this Heatshield in place and give my children a fighting chance of not sweating like a prostitute in church. I'm still hesitant to get the windshield piece, as the the wife won't be interested in the process of putting it up and putting it away.

I do love my ceramic tint, and my aspherical mirrors, and my Polar FIS MFD, and my euroswitch, This has gotta be one of the best purchases for comfort ever.

Last edited by kooyajerms; June 23rd, 2015 at 09:59.
kooyajerms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2015, 10:10   #49
cwescapexlt4x4
Veteran Member

The windshield sunshade makes a HUGE difference for sure... you aren't fighting a super heated dash along with everything else.
cwescapexlt4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2015, 13:48   #50
VeedUp

TDI(s): 2011 RS JSW

Has anyone purchased one of the gold ones?
VeedUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2019, 19:11   #51
spyTDI
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 37 average, so far.
Default Pano isnít great when living in a Garment steamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwescapexlt4x4 View Post
My homemade one you never see it from May to late Sept with the screen pulled fwd.

Greatness.Houston is a fantastic place to try your neat little trick.
2010 JSW TDI, Salsa Red, 6 Spd
H&R Rear sway, DG Short Shifter
spyTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2019, 00:51   #52
bmc1980

Is that using a regular windshield sunshade? I was thinking the same thing, as I have a two-piece windshield sunshade (from Walmart) that is just about the same width as the opening of the pano-sunroof. I wonder - could I just carefully tuck the two pieces between the headliner and sunroof? They would be easy to remove, and not too difficult to install. And they should be thin enough that I could still close the OEM sunshade. For my windshield, I can just buy another sunshade.
bmc1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2019, 21:32   #53
bmc1980

Ordered my windshield sunshade from HeatShield for my 2014 JSW. The sunroof shade looked like a conventional sunroof, not for the pano.
Old June 18th, 2019, 22:56   #54
bmc1980

I received my Heatshield Sunshade for my 2014 JSW - I'm really impressed with the material and construction quality, especially compared to the standard sunshades you see at most retailers. However, mine seems to be a bit big. I checked the part number - 1307 - and it seems to be correct, but the sunshade does have to sag a big in the center to fit, as it's too long (referring to the distance between the base of the dash, and the top of the headliner). Does anyone know if this is designed to be that way, or should the entire sunshade be in direct contact with the windshield?
Old June 18th, 2019, 23:20   #55
ewdysar

i have the heatshield windshield shade in my ‘14 JSW. i find the if i push the shade downward, with a little side to side wiggle, the shade slips between the windshield and the forward edge of the dash. once it slips down, the top edge of the shade just barely touches the edge of the headliner. if you don’t do this, and you look at the shade from outside car, you can see the forward edge of the dash exposed to the brutal sun, even with the shade up. pushing it down covers that edge, to me, that’s a good thing.

ewdysar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2019, 00:02   #56
bmc1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewdysar View Post
i have the heatshield windshield shade in my Ď14 JSW. i find the if i push the shade downward, with a little side to side wiggle, the shade slips between the windshield and the forward edge of the dash. once it slips down, the top edge of the shade just barely touches the edge of the headliner. if you donít do this, and you look at the shade from outside car, you can see the forward edge of the dash exposed to the brutal sun, even with the shade up. pushing it down covers that edge, to me, thatís a good thing.
Thank you for your reply. I'll definitely try this tomorrow, as I just tried the sunshade out this evening when I got home from work. Maybe the fit is just extra snug.

Are you able to fit the sunshade around your rearview mirror?
Old June 19th, 2019, 00:51   #57
ewdysar

yep. during the side to side wiggle, you can slip past the mirror with just a little bending of the corners.

ewdysar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2019, 08:37   #58
bmc1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewdysar View Post
yep. during the side to side wiggle, you can slip past the mirror with just a little bending of the corners.
Okay, so I tried that this morning. Even with wedging the sunshade between the base of the dash and the windshield, it still rests beyond the point where the top of the windshield meets the headliner. In other words, that area where the headliner meets the windshield is still exposed to the sun. Is that the case with yours? Would you mind offering me a measurement of your sunshade? Maybe from top to bottom. Iím wondering if my pattern was cut too big.