www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > South Central Regional States

South Central Regional States Local discussions for those on the South Central US. (Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Texas)

Old January 17th, 2016, 15:40   #16
Diesel-Dan1
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2002 Jetta
Fuel Economy: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrenny View Post
I just returned from his memorial service, it was a sad day to say the least.
There was a huge turnout, showing just how many people he touched on his short time here with us.

I spent many evenings working on TDI's with Bryan. I met him through this forum and we quickly became friends having similar interest in cars and projects. He lived rather close to me and we shared tools, parts, and advice quite often.

At first I was saddened by the loss of a close friend, and then it dawned on me, this will be a loss to everyone. He was a very special person and even if he knew it or not, he had a positive impact on many people.

I was blessed to get to meet Bryan and become friends over the past 8 years. I learned a lot from Bryan, but not just the mechanical knowledge. More importantly was personal insight and life lessons I acquired through my friendship with him. I was lucky to have known him.

I met several TDI owners through Bryan, mostly at evening gatherings at his house to play with our TDI's. I would like to invite all of those I knew or met through Bryan to keep in touch with me. Bryan would have wanted us to continue sharing knowledge and help with each other. I am not far from Bryan's house (Sachse), and you can usually catch me in the garage most evenings working on some project TDI or otherwise.
I'm out in Murphy. I think you were pulling in when we were leaving. Please swing by. heck, let's get some local TDi heads over for wrenching and BSing sometime.

Sad day indeed. Bryan was gonna help me start this manual swap soon on the new car. Now I'll do it in his honor. He was a good dude to say the least. He will be missed.

2002.5 Jetta TDi, 5 speed swap, unlocked ECM with small tune, Studs, Stage 2 cam. Slowing working stuff over from wrecked car.
Diesel-Dan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2016, 10:34   #17
Elysian
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 04 Golf

Really wish I could have made the memorial. Unfortunately I'm stuck working 7 days a week right now, so a 3hr drive Sunday was not possible. Glad there was a large turnout, Bryan was a person worth celebrating. He will truly be missed.
Old January 19th, 2016, 16:21   #18
alphaseinor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel-Dan1 View Post
I'm out in Murphy. I think you were pulling in when we were leaving. Please swing by. heck, let's get some local TDi heads over for wrenching and BSing sometime.
Sad day indeed. Bryan was gonna help me start this manual swap soon on the new car. Now I'll do it in his honor. He was a good dude to say the least. He will be missed.
Just give me a call, or Kevin, we are both experts at it.
alphaseinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2016, 01:47   #19
kbrenny
Veteran Member

I wouldn't call myself an expert by any means, everything I learned about doing the swaps I learned from your (alphaseinor) write up on this site. I will be glad to help. I wouldn't have been able to do my first one without the help from alphaseinor. Someday I will need the help of someone more experienced in another area of my car. I kind of consider it "paying it forward". Bryan was always willing to help others in search of knowledge or help working on their TDI's. I feel like helping other TDIers would be just continuing on Bryan's legacy.

Bryan helped me alot with my girlfriends b5 passat due to the similarities with his audi a6. Sharing information is one of the greatest things about this forum, second only to the friendships that are formed here.
kbrenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2019, 13:41   #20
runonbeer
Maintenance EnthusiastVendor

Fuel Economy: amazing/excellent/still pretty good

Can’t believe I missed this. So sad to find out. I never met him but we corresponded a few times.
runonbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2019, 06:58   #21
jetta ,97

Fuel Economy: Very good

Roby it has been over 3 years , Very sad. He was very good friend of mine, I knew him very well, very smart and full of the life .
He lost his life because other driver did not focus and pay tension , made left turn and direct hit Brian on his Bike , while Brian had Green light , they do everything else expert focus on driving.
ECU TUNING-TDTUNING Authorized Dealer
MK6 Needle Sweep,MK5 with MK6 Cluster
jetta ,97 is offline   Reply With Quote