HOW TO and do-it-yourself threads

elcid86

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SEL
HOW TO's

Sorry if this isn't the right spot to post this, I'm on my phone. I bought this auto light kit but it didn't come with instructions (well English ones...). Can anyone tell me where the plug from the car or from this box plugs in? (I know one of them goes into the new switch).

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

elcid86

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SEL
Sorry if this isn't the right spot to post this, I'm on my phone. I bought this auto light kit but it didn't come with instructions (well English ones...). Can anyone tell me where the plug from the car or from this box plugs in? (I know one of them goes into the new switch).

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.
it appears I bought the wrong unit even though they had it listed for a Mk6 Golf. (Just in case anyone wondered)

TDIFORJAT

TDI
02GOLF
Parts

Just got an 02 tdi golf with 128,000 mi. Its in great shape but has been sitting for about 5 yrs. The only problem so far is the lack of power. 1st and 2nd I can feel the turbo up to about 3000 rpm then drops off. The other gears i only have boost from 2200- 3000 rpm. I have checked air box and looked into the intake by removing the 90on intercoller and they r mostly clean. Also, I'm looking to get some parts to upgrade. Larger turbo, injectors, 2.5" exhaust, need timing belt kit, etc.... What's the best place to purchase these? I have done some research on pricing and name brands but would like to keep it all from on source if possible. Another thing, what seems to be the concensus on a CNG kit for additional mileage gains. I have read you can double it for arroud $2500. Thanks for the help.

waltzconmigo

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Andrew---Is this where we can expect to find your videos from in the future? Is there any reason to not insert the pump so that the arrow is mis-aligned (counter-clockwise) by about 20* so that when you set the "cap" with the cold chisel it comes into position? Thanks again for the how-to videos.

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
Andrew---Is this where we can expect to find your videos from in the future? Is there any reason to not insert the pump so that the arrow is mis-aligned (counter-clockwise) by about 20* so that when you set the "cap" with the cold chisel it comes into position? Thanks again for the how-to videos.
Installing it misaligned so that aligns when you tighten it would probably work just fine, that's a nice alternative way of doing it.

You can always find ALL of our videos here
https://www.youtube.com/user/RodriguezInnovations

I heard that the TDIclub was going to put something new together for stuff like ShadeTree University, but that didnt' happen yet, and we're not making another one like that until a special place is made where I won't upset people with "marketing" or "stealth marketing", shrugs.
:(

Torqueup

TDI
2012 Sportwagen
RCD510 radio w/o navigation

Is there an aftermkt module that will allow me to use my iPhone screen to mirror on radio display screen with touch control?

Thanks for reading and hopefully advising!

jayb79

Top Post Dawg
go into the forum you want to post in and you will see a NEW THREAD button around the middle of the page on the left.

calisanjuantdi

TDI
2014 Passat
2014 TDI Passat pulling to the right

Hello,

I am a first time VW owner (1) week newbie. At the time of test drive prior to purchase I mentioned to the sales manager that the car pulls to the right. His response was "we can take care of it on Monday" long story longer I took my Passat in had them do (4) wheel alignment found that the left front was tow (out) thus causing the car to pull to the right. Next day I brought it back because it is still pulling to the right. The service manager said it is because of the "crown" on the high way and all roads for that matter. So I left in a not so good mood, drove to an independent shop for alignment. They found that the car was 1% out and well within factory tolerance but it does pull to the right.

Has anyone else experienced this ? If so I need some help please.

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI SE / '06 Jetta TDI DSG Pkg0 / '96 Passat TDI
Fundamentally, if it's within the spec window, the dealer can claim nothing's wrong.

Did the dealer take it for a test drive when you returned the car the 2nd time?

If not, you nay have a valid complaint to submit to VW of America, in that they made no attempt to service the customers repeat complaint.

You could show the dealer the independent shop's bill and service report. Matter of fact, you may be better off sending a copy of the bill with a carefully crafted letter to the general manager.

If you still get no satisfaction, send it to VW of America.

Tony
Sent from my e-diesel fleet

thompde

TDI
2006 jetta
dead battery

I,m having electrical problems with my 2006 jetta tdi . something is draining my battery . my door locks are locking on there own after I unlock doors with fob they relock after 25 seconds if door not opened by then. I pulled the fuse for the front door controls and it still locks. something is draining the battery I checked the fuses for drain and can't find any drain through them. The wires at the door hinge area under the rubber boot look fine. I was thinking of pulling drivers door panel off and looking for some bad wiring. Does any one have any ideas Thanks

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
I,m having electrical problems with my 2006 jetta tdi . something is draining my battery . my door locks are locking on there own after I unlock doors with fob they relock after 25 seconds if door not opened by then. I pulled the fuse for the front door controls and it still locks. something is draining the battery I checked the fuses for drain and can't find any drain through them. The wires at the door hinge area under the rubber boot look fine. I was thinking of pulling drivers door panel off and looking for some bad wiring. Does any one have any ideas Thanks

The doors locking like that is normal.
Check your radio. Ive seen that cause issues iike that.

MK4Golf2001

TDI
2001 Golf GLS
Mk4 key Fob electronics

Okay so I have one working key switch blade (square) OEM and a spare (non-switch Italian made) that I got from my local smithy, it contains a pill RFID that works to start the engine.

So to get to the point, I just bought a nice new fob cover because the back hatch button is toast and the panic button was ripped off, but luckily the panic still works now that I swapped em.

My question is where do I get the electric bits from the inside, cheaper than deautokey or eBay? I would like to be able to unlock the hatch after going to the grocery store or whatever... HALP!!

TDI
VW Eurovan 2.4 1998, diesel, five cilinders, VW Sedan four doors, 1969, Gurgel BR 800, two cilinders - boxer, Ford Taurus V6, 1998, Honda Hornet F - 2009/ABS, Fiat Punto HLX 1.8, 2009
Circuito Integrado Elmos 10417A

Hello, good morning!

I need the IC above, for one Eurovan 2.4 Diesel dashboard stopped working and the problem is in this IC.

If there is a similar IC, I ask you please inform me.

Buy also there - the complete instruments panel (photo).

Thank you in advance attention which dispenses me

fraternally

Joel

Bellman

TDI
2015 Golf TDI
Navigation

I'm new to the forum. We have a 2015 Golf TDI DSG. We have owned VW's for over 25 years! This VW built in Mexico is the best yet. We have seen 64.8 mpg on the MFD, believe it or not. Only issue we have is the Nav, the pronounciation of places and ability to find streets is not up to the cost for this option vs a $100.00 Tom Tom. Are there upgrades in the works or do we have to live with this substandard system?

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
I'm new to the forum. We have a 2015 Golf TDI DSG. We have owned VW's for over 25 years! This VW built in Mexico is the best yet. We have seen 64.8 mpg on the MFD, believe it or not. Only issue we have is the Nav, the pronounciation of places and ability to find streets is not up to the cost for this option vs a $100.00 Tom Tom. Are there upgrades in the works or do we have to live with this substandard system?
I can't help you regarding upgrades but I did have a Navigon GPS from Germany before they were taken over by Garmen. The pronunciation is probably because the English taught in Europe is usually British English. The GPS pronounces my street Pinecrest (Pine-crest) as "Pin-a-crest", and the city of Saratoga (Sara toga) as "Saw-ra-to-gah". While not upgrades, I believe that are periodic map updates that might address finding streets.

Johnny9

TDI
jetta
Anyone know how to reset the service interval light( actually little wrench) symbol on a 2013 vw jetta tdi?? I have a Ross Tech vag com. But Ive seen (youtube) where it can be done with the MFD on the car. Tried it but the display doesn't seem to go into menu mode did they change that in 13 model year.???

Sparrowhawk

TDI
jetta sportswagon
I AM LOOKING FOR A MECHANIC. I am in Maine between Lewiston and Brunswick. So far, I only have the dealer and I find their overpricing and the fact that I can't really talk to the mechanics difficult. I understand a fair bit about mechanics but don't wish to be the day to day mechanic for my Sportswagon.