Banks Monster Exhaust got put on today

goodlun

TDI
2009 JSW
So I picked up a Banks Monster Exhaust for the 09 TDi while they where having their factory direct sale. I honestly didn't expect much after reading all the eurosport TDI articles and the what not. However I am rather pleasantly surprised with the added oooomph from the good old butt dyno. Spectacular transformation no, but the car does seem to breath easier and it seems to stay at 80 mph much easier.
All and all I am rather happy with this product. Its a pretty easy install but does require cutting the old exhaust pipe.

ToeBall

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW Jetta Wagon TDI
Really? I got gyped in that case, becuase my GTech showed no change at all when I did mine.

DSLFAN

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Beetle
Congrats! Banks is somewhat expensive as a general rule, but the quality and fit can't be beat.

goodlun

TDI
2009 JSW
Really? I got gyped in that case, becuase my GTech showed no change at all when I did mine.
This has been pretty much what I have been reading so I really didn't expect anything. Mind you I am talking about a crazy increase here and probably as a peak numbers on a dyno chart probably wouldn't show much if anything. Once again this is also going by "feel" but I "feel" like I am making power earlier on.

Congrats! Banks is somewhat expensive as a general rule, but the quality and fit can't be beat.
This honestly wasn't too expensive I paid $350 + shipping for it. Kind of a lot for basically a pipe with no mufflers but it went in nice and easy and looks great. Can't really say much about the sound as it really isn't any louder and inside the cabin it is hard hear the difference.

I am on the wait list for the 6 gun + Banks IQ for the TDi I could have gotten a preproduction one but they suggested I wait for the production ones and will honor the sale price at that point. I am looking foward to trying it out, it even on sale it is on the pricey side compared to say Unitronis or Malone tuning. Honestly the Banks IQ probally has less functionality I care about compared to just running VCDS but it is a handy little package and I love my gadgets. I do have to laugh though because this will mean I will have a total of 3 gps in my car most of the time(my radio, my phone, and then the banks Iq).

ToeBall

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW Jetta Wagon TDI
Actually, this isn't correct. My Banks exhaust rattles against the rear suspension subframe. The tip had to be cut off and rewelded (and yes, I did fit the exhaust correctly in the car). Also the stainless alloy they use is far cheaper than the one Borla, for example, uses, and it does eventually rust.

Still, to the OP, gratz and I'm glad you like it.