Seat Memory failure

hermantile

TDI
'06 Jetta Package 2 (gone) '14 Q5 TDI Premium Plus
06 Package 2
Power seats work fine, but seat memory is dead.
No Vagcom access sadly.

Does anyone have an idea what's wrong? It's been too cold to go crawling around, so I was hoping someone had a similar experience.

1998993C2S

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta Pkg2 DSG Navi
My MY06.5 Jetta TDI has an error message via Vagcom showing the 3rd memory position button is malfunctioning. Memory positions 1 & 2 are fine.

Possibly your seat buttons are the culpurit - only a Vagcom knows for sure.

chittychittybangbang

Veteran Member
TDI
none
06 Package 2
Power seats work fine, but seat memory is dead.
No Vagcom access sadly.

Does anyone have an idea what's wrong? It's been too cold to go crawling around, so I was hoping someone had a similar experience.
Try moving the seat bottom all the way forward, then back, up-down, seatback tilt forward-back. http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a5/memoryseat.htm See this article from my FAQ for more details. Do your one touch windows not work also? Could be due to battery disconnect.

1998993C2S

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta Pkg2 DSG Navi
Hey Chitty - the link to your myturbodiesel site indicates that the MY06 do not have the right side mirror dip function. Not true of the late MY06 production Pkg. 2 USA Jetta TDIs. My August 2006 production MY06.5 pkg 2, DSG, Navi, HiFi, memory/leather seating car has this function. There are several others here on the MkV forum whom have this in a late production pkg 2 MY06.

(In May 06 I'd ordered this VW TDI, buying all the options, believing this quaility VW car to be a bargain; it has 4+ years/80K miles and going. - in spades.) That said, in good conscience this customer would not shop the VW brand. De-content all you want/need VW America...

I'm sure with all of the on again, off again "content" removal VW has done with the MKV production - its a crap shoot.

I'm just saying.

Last edited:

chittychittybangbang

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Interesting...I have a package 2 2006 (not a 2006.5) with everything but DSG and it definitely does not have it even after equipping.

Can you do me a favor, can you take pictures of the amp under the seat so I can add them to my site? Some closeups including the wiring and part numbers and some far and send me a PM?

hermantile

TDI
'06 Jetta Package 2 (gone) '14 Q5 TDI Premium Plus
Thanks Chitty,

Restart of the memory function worked, plus a manual reset of the ECU.

if only USP Motorsports LEDs would stop triggering warnings I'd be back to normal! Time for some DSG Service and LOF

Try moving the seat bottom all the way forward, then back, up-down, seatback tilt forward-back. http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a5/memoryseat.htm See this article from my FAQ for more details. Do your one touch windows not work also? Could be due to battery disconnect.