Resetting SD Card Selection and Average MPG

jeremy1701

TDI
2010 Jetta, 2002 Bettle
Two questions about my 2010 Jetta Sedan TDI.

1) I have the RCD-510 (sans Nav). The very first time I put in my SD card and hit 'select', I was prompted if I wanted to browse by Title or Folder. I selected folder. I have no idea what Title would've been and cannot find a way to either change to that method or reset the stereo to ask me again. I've tried resetting the entire stereo to factory settings, but it didn't ask me again (although I had to reprogram everything else)

2) Is there a way to reset your current average MPG [1] (not overall [2])? I assumed resetting the trip would do this, but I see it doesn't.

Thanks!

Last edited:

GetMore

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Passat TDI, 2010 Jetta Sportwagen
Hold the "OK" button in the steering wheel, and you will reset the MFD data. However you need to remember that it resets all the data for that "level". (Level "1" being the short term, and level "2" being long term.) So, reset the "Current" MPG and the current time, distance, speed, etc. will also be reset. If you are on the "overall" readout and hold "OK" then all the "overall" data will be reset.

jeremy1701

TDI
2010 Jetta, 2002 Bettle
Excellent info on resetting the MFI. Good to know, thanks!!

For the stereo, I think I may have hit the random button thinking it was the selection button. You get the Title|Folder submenu with the random button.

meowguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW, 2012 Passat TDI SE
With regard to the SD card. It may respond a little funky if you only have your .mp3s in folders on the card. You should have at least one .mp3 file outside a folder at the root of the card directory. This will also facilitate the use of MIX which should shuffle play all the tunes on the card when you start at the root.