New hpfp and p0088 high rail pressure

06dieselpower

TDI
09 CR tdi dsg, 06 CR cummins, 96 P pump cummins, 90 VE cummins, 6.2 k5, and last but not least 81 isuzu pup diesel
Just replaced hpfp and cleaned tank and all lines and fuel rail with new injectors and intermediate pump and I have a p0088 . I have not had the new injectors programed in yet but I have checked connectors on rail and they look good what could be ppossible cause. I don't have a scan tool for it

2micron

Vendor
TDI
None
Just replaced hpfp and cleaned tank and all lines and fuel rail with new injectors and intermediate pump and I have a p0088 . I have not had the new injectors programed in yet but I have checked connectors on rail and they look good what could be ppossible cause. I don't have a scan tool for it
Try cleaning your Rail control solenoid again. It has the tiniest Filter on the very tip that is easily clogged and will not allow fuel to pass, maintaining proper pressure, in your case, lower!!
The valve is normally Open and easily flushed and blown backwards (backwash) from the 4 radial holes.
This is the filter - less than 1/8" diameter:

Once flushed, verify open / close with a weak 9 volt battery. Briefly cycle (1-2 seconds) the leads on and off. You will hear an obvious click.
Now with a rubber hose, blow in the end to hear it open and close.
Blow air in, while cycling the leads. It will be obvious when it's open and closed.

Now find a friend with VCDS to adapt (code) your new injectors!!!
Hope this helps!!
Andrew

DPM

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2019 Rav4 AWD Hybrid, Citroen C4 BlueHDI
^ I had problems with the CP1's control valve filter catching varnish from Bio-D back when I had the Suzuki, it'd give an overpressure code when you released the go pedal at high rpms.

06dieselpower

TDI
09 CR tdi dsg, 06 CR cummins, 96 P pump cummins, 90 VE cummins, 6.2 k5, and last but not least 81 isuzu pup diesel
You clear code and light will stay of until you restart. Car also has severe low power even when the light is off but I will try that rail control solenoid again and let you guys know. Thanks!

06dieselpower

TDI
Just to make sure. If the timing was off slightly would the be a code coming up for that?

06dieselpower

TDI
Thanks a lot. That worked perfectly