DFW TDI Owner's List

K5ING

Mega-Miler
TDI
Silver 2001 Golf GL TDI 5-speed
Gads...you two are almost neighbors. FWIW, my last job moved their headquarters to (just south of) Preston and Frankford. Had to quit...too far to drive for the pittance I was being paid.

As for the "best diesel", I couldn't tell you. Just look for a station that has a high turnover for diesel fuel so you know it's fresh. Also double check to see that it's not more than B5 biodiesel or it will void your warranty. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

opticsguy

TDI
2013 Sportwagen Sunroof
The Chevron at DNT/Keller Springs is insanely busy. Think they would have good diesel. Across the street from my office.

K5ING

Mega-Miler
TDI
The Chevron at DNT/Keller Springs is insanely busy. Think they would have good diesel. Across the street from my office.
Just look to see if the diesel pumps are busy. Lots of big pickups, mid sized delivery trucks (Sprinters) and VWs. Hard to tell sometimes because most of the diesel pumps have both gas and diesel. You might even want to check in with the owner or manager and just ask him how much diesel he runs through.

I wouldn't worry too much about it however. Doing some quick math, I figured that I've put over 9,000 gallons of fuel bought at every kind of gas station you can think of through my TDI in the 11 years I've owned it, and out of all that, I've only had one tank of questionable fuel. It didn't strand me, but the car ran rough and threw a code. I've actually had worse luck with gas in my Astro van. Twice it's been bad enough to leave me stranded and needing a tow. Just stick with the busier stations like QuickTrips, Racetrack, even WalMart stations and you'll be all right.

Actually, I'd worry more about who did your maintenance. FWIW, there is a great TDI guru, alphaseinor, just to your north, in Frisco, that I use. Don't trust the dealers or some VW/Audi/German car tune shop to do it. Or, if you're still under warranty, go into the dealer with some knowledge and make sure they do it right and use the right oil.

Last edited:

DUBPL8

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 CW Golf TDi, '92 Honda Civic VX (wrecked), '96 Honda Civic CX hatchback (non-TDI)
Feel free to add me to the list!

2012 Candy White Golf TDI 4 dr DSG w/ LED Cherry Red tails

Live near Keller, commute to downtown Dallas everyday

kpenner

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 A6 TDI 3.0L
add me to the list!

I live in Fairfield, 30 miles south of Corsicana but still north of Centerville, so I need to be in the Dallas list rather than the Houston list:D

2005 New Beetle, 192,000 miles

asetliff

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 White Jetta
Just moved in my apartment in Las Colinas. I've got quite a few ALH parts I need to get rid of if anyone needs something. Wife doesn't like the idea of a complete engine in the apartment.

Where is the best bio diesel?

K5ING

Mega-Miler
TDI
Just moved in my apartment in Las Colinas. I've got quite a few ALH parts I need to get rid of if anyone needs something. Wife doesn't like the idea of a complete engine in the apartment.

Where is the best bio diesel?
Can't speak to the best biodiesel around Irving. I'm near Denton, and know that Loves truck stops carry B10. I'm sure someone else will pop in and give some other places that carry biodiesel.

Welcome to the DFW area! Let us know what kind of TDI you have (your profile only says "99.5") so you can be added to the list.

asetliff

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 White Jetta
Can't speak to the best biodiesel around Irving. I'm near Denton, and know that Loves truck stops carry B10. I'm sure someone else will pop in and give some other places that carry biodiesel.

Welcome to the DFW area! Let us know what kind of TDI you have (your profile only says "99.5") so you can be added to the list.
99.5 Jetta. Updated.

K5ING

Mega-Miler
TDI
99.5 Jetta. Updated.
Gotcha...added...thanks. I put you in Irving since Las Colinas is a development and not a city/town, and it's located within Irving.

Welcome to Texas! Did you ever find your bio?

K5ING

Mega-Miler
TDI
Hello, please update my entry. I now have a 2011 2 Door Shark Blue Golf TDI Manual.
Done, and congrats on the Golf.

BTW, I also had you as "inactive" (last activity 2008 when I made the list). Updated that also. Maybe I need to look at more inactives to see if they are now active. :D

K5ING

Mega-Miler
TDI
I need to update.

I now have a '13 Passat Candy White TDI SE with a manual.
Corrected car and location. Thanks, and congrats on the Passat.

Your previous location was listed as Sanger...did you move or just pick a city name that more people would know?

sheepman

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Special Edition 5 speed
Corrected car and location. Thanks, and congrats on the Passat.

Your previous location was listed as Sanger...did you move or just pick a city name that more people would know?

Thanks on the Passat. I do use Denton because more people know it. Also on the Powerstroke forums it stops the where is Sanger Questions.

K5ING

Mega-Miler
TDI
Thanks on the Passat. I do use Denton because more people know it. Also on the Powerstroke forums it stops the where is Sanger Questions.
I figured it was something like that. I get the same thing about "Krum". Just remind the Powerstroke people that Sanger is where Randy Travis likes to hang out. They should get the reference. :D

I put you back in Sanger on the list since it's meant mainly for people in the DFW area, and most of them will know where that is.

Last edited:

JettaNocona

TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI;2013 Jetta Sedan TDI w/Premium
Traded my 09 in on a 13 Jetta TDI Premium with DSG, Candy White Exterior and Cornsilk Beige Interior. In process of adding panzer plate, splash gaurds and Fumoto oil drain valve. Other mods to come.

K5ING

Mega-Miler
TDI
Traded my 09 in on a 13 Jetta TDI Premium with DSG, Candy White Exterior and Cornsilk Beige Interior. In process of adding panzer plate, splash gaurds and Fumoto oil drain valve. Other mods to come.
Info changed. Sounds nice...I'm jealous!