DFW TDI Owner's List

Chewi

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
new owner. lipan, tx '04 B5.5 Passat silver. also work with Steve(mtbr297) at his day job.
Hey Adam, might have seen you at Steve's place last month. Black Jetta with white paint on the right front side.

Anyway, 2006 Jetta 71,000 miles reporting for duty :D

Texas Realtor

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6MT, 2006 Jeep Rubicon 6MT & 2002 F250 7.3 Diesel 4x4
Texas Realtor - 2012 Passat TDI 6 spd Manual (Coppell)

maroonfrog1

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A3 TDI S-Line 2011
'11 Audi A3 TDI - Cowtown

... been a member for a few months now - really appreciate the forum. Most educated I've ever been on a car.
Please add me to the DFW list -- 2011 Audi A3 Titanium S-Line DSG TDI :cool:

K5ING

Mega-Miler
TDI
Silver 2001 Golf GL TDI 5-speed
... been a member for a few months now - really appreciate the forum. Most educated I've ever been on a car.
Please add me to the DFW list -- 2011 Audi A3 Titanium S-Line DSG TDI :cool:
Audi, eh? Hmmm.... what do you think, gang. Should we let a maroon frog with an Audi play with us?

Just yanking your chain, frog. Consider yourself added. Welcome to the TDI Club!!

japedtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta wagon, repaired and sold 04 jetta sedan, traded for wifey's 06 jetta sedan, trade for you dont want to know;{to know
can you update me? the 02 gls is gone, now have an 04 jetta sedan(hers), & an 02 jetta wagon(his) courtesy of steve(mtbr). tia, jack

RoadRunnerTR21

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE w/sunroof
You can add me to the list. I got my first VW last Thursday. 2012 Passat TDI SE w/sunroof.

I live on the southwest side of Cedar Creek Lake for those of you who know where that is.

TDICAT

TDI
N/A
I have a white, 2011 Golf TDI (of course), and would like to be added to the DFW list. I am east of Weatherford, south of Azle, west of Fort Worth, and north of Aledo. Or just take Fort Worth to make it easier.:)

asetliff

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 White Jetta
I'm considering a move to Irving and would be working right beside DFW airport. Does anyone have any advice on housing ect. Also wife is an RN in the Emergency Room. Need advice on hospitals also.

cvairwerks

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 NB 2004 Audi A8L gasser 1999 A4 Avant gasser
Depends on what type lifestyle you guys want...rural, bedroom community, urban and so on, coupled with commute time limitations. DFW airport is pretty easy to get to from all sided of the Metroplex. To the west and northwest, it's going to be more rural, larger homes and lots, lower taxes. To the south and east and northeast, smaller homes on tighter lots. These are generalalities, as it homes and lots can range all over the place no matter where you look.
As to hospitals, Dallas has the big medical complex downtown, with numerous smaller hospitals scattered around town and ranging into the smaller comunities. Fort Worth also has a major hospital district with a number of hospitals within it. There is a new hopsital that will be opening late this year I think, just south of Alliance airport that should start staffing up soon. Denton, just north of DFW, also has two decent sized hospitals too.
My advice would be if you move down here, rent an apartment somewhere on the north side of DFW airport for a few months and feel the various areas out for a bit before deciding. Also, don't let the major construction on the DFW Connector project scare you, it will be done in the not too distant future and all the traffic headaches with it will be going away.

McDillon86

TDI
2000 VW Jetta TDi, 2012 VW Jetta TDi w/premium sound
Depends on what type lifestyle you guys want...rural, bedroom community, urban and so on, coupled with commute time limitations. DFW airport is pretty easy to get to from all sided of the Metroplex. To the west and northwest, it's going to be more rural, larger homes and lots, lower taxes. To the south and east and northeast, smaller homes on tighter lots. These are generalalities, as it homes and lots can range all over the place no matter where you look.
As to hospitals, Dallas has the big medical complex downtown, with numerous smaller hospitals scattered around town and ranging into the smaller comunities. Fort Worth also has a major hospital district with a number of hospitals within it. There is a new hopsital that will be opening late this year I think, just south of Alliance airport that should start staffing up soon. Denton, just north of DFW, also has two decent sized hospitals too.
My advice would be if you move down here, rent an apartment somewhere on the north side of DFW airport for a few months and feel the various areas out for a bit before deciding. Also, don't let the major construction on the DFW Connector project scare you, it will be done in the not too distant future and all the traffic headaches with it will be going away.
to add to your comment stay away from the 820/35w, and nort side in fort worth and 820/121 areas traffics is horrible with out the construction and now with it its unbearable. i live in haltom city which is right off 820 and 35w and if my work hours ever change my commute will turn into a 1.5-2 hr drive home

markanthony

TDI
2013 Jetta w/Nav and Premium Sound
First VW and also first diesel for me

I bought my 2013 VW Jetta 2 weeks ago and I have put a little over 3,400 miles on it. I am a medical courier and was looking to save some money on fuel. I should have bought this car a long time ago.

markanthony 2013 black Jetta Dallas, TX.

K5ING

Mega-Miler
TDI
I bought my 2013 VW Jetta 2 weeks ago and I have put a little over 3,400 miles on it. I am a medical courier and was looking to save some money on fuel. I should have bought this car a long time ago.

markanthony 2013 black Jetta Dallas, TX.
Added, and welcome to the club.

I was also a medical courier and that is why I bought my Golf back in 2001. I was doing between 400 and 450 miles per day throughout north Texas and south-central Oklahoma. Now you know why my miles are so high.

You couldn't have bought a better car for the job (unless you had gotten the wagon).

K5ING

Mega-Miler
TDI
Done and done. Are you both in Dallas proper, or one of the 'burbs?

Welcome to the TDI Club!